im over by 50 g protein daily. any thoughts?

Options
thanks for looking: I've started this gig saturday and i average about 40 - 50 g protein over my suggested amount of 62g (I average 110 - 115g/day). I don't take any protein shakes or bars. My protein intake depending on day is from egg whites, tuna, chicken, steak, ham, which I usually pic 1 per meal and 1 serving of each with fruit/veggies. My snacks consist of yogurt or apples. I average 1200-1300 calories per day so far with a full feeling all day. Is this too much. I walk daily about 5-7 miles. I weigh 245 as of today. I started saturday night at 252. Thanks. I've eliminated sodas and orange juice which I love but have replaced with only water. I'm fully hydrated and not tired/fatigued at all.

Once, I get down to 220, I will add a workout routine where more protein would probably be needed.

Replies

• missfluffyuk
    Options
    You seem to be doing fine. Remember to eat back your exercise calories, and to treat yourself every now and then. A cup of OJ won't hurt you as long as you stay within your goals. :flowerforyou:

As for the protein, MFP estimates LOW. You can't overdose on protein, anyway, so don't worry about eating too much. :flowerforyou:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    No problem at all, the foods you mention sound like the bases of a good diet. Your protein intake sounds great. I say keep going as you are!

One caveat, if you have any kidney prolems or other medical concerns where protein consumption may have an adverse effect, then please consult your GP. :)

To add. I just noticed you are only getting 1200-1300 cals per day, at 245 you should probably increase this amount - as per MFP's recommendation.