EXTRA calories Earned from exercise

Options
I was just curious how everyone uses the extra calories earned from exercise ???

do you use them all ?? or not eat them??

Whats the best option to do ?

:happy:

Replies

• diehard412
    diehard412 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was just curious how everyone uses the extra calories earned from exercise ???

• kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    yes, you should eat them.
    read the threads flagged in the diet/fitness section of the boards
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    AND..... Let the debate begin!

school of thought #1: eat them. eat them all. just trust the system.

school of thought #2: eat some of them. if you're hungry. if you want to.

school of thought #3: don't eat them. workout like mad and have a huge deficit. lose as fast as possible.

you will hear lots of opinions on this, my personal guideline is based on this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
    :flowerforyou:
  • mssaipho
    mssaipho Posts: 4
    Options
    It is really up to you. You can save those calories so that you can reach your goal faster...

or..

What I like to do. Exercise to burn those calories so I can be able to eat more. LOL
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

nope I dont eat them per my physician..:drinker:..the best option is what works for you ..
  • mmackie
    mmackie Posts: 93
    Options
    I do not eat them 2-3 days in a row (so there is a big deficit) and on the 3rd day or so, I eat them so that my claorie intake is a little higher. I have finally found what works for me-but you have to find what works for you too...Your going to get a lot of mixed responses on this subject-but just do what works for you the best.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    AND..... Let the debate begin!

school of thought #1: eat them. eat them all. just trust the system.

school of thought #2: eat some of them. if you're hungry. if you want to.

school of thought #3: don't eat them. workout like mad and have a huge deficit. lose as fast as possible.

you will hear lots of opinions on this, my personal guideline is based on this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
    :flowerforyou:

I must disagree with your 3rd theory for me personally- I workout hard at the gym and don't eat my calories and I am losing 1-1.5 a pound a week I don't feel I am losing too fast- I tried the theory of eating my exercise calories and my weight didn't change for months-(mind you I never heard of eating your exercise calories before MFP and since I plateaued (already dropped 30+ lbs Im currently working on a new goal) I was game to try something different but it didn't work for me.
    I also eat 1400-1600 calories and workout 4-5 days a week in the gym burning a min of 500 calories-