Best Breakfast Cereals

Options

Replies

• grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I make my own apple and cinnamon porridge - 30g of rolled oats (proper ones I can't do those quick cook ones - way too processed for me) a granny smith apple peeled and finely chopped and cinnamon all cooked as normal. It is awesome!!! Once I ate those packet - microwave I think they were apple/cinnamon oats - ickk - the way I cook this is WAY nicer and of course more healthy.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    51gty5IYDfL.jpg
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    51gty5IYDfL.jpg

:heart: my weakness......
  • MaryM621
    MaryM621 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon burst cherrios are my favorite. They aren't loaded with caloriez, and have 40% of your daily fiber in one cup. Plus they're very tasty :)
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    Special K cereal w/ a piece of Fruit
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    51gty5IYDfL.jpg
    *sigh* my faaaaavorite cereal of alll cereals in the world...which btw I havent eaten in a year and wont. Maybe someday... :(
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love...

Multigrain cheerios
    Frosted mini wheats
    Cinnamon life
    Vanilla Almond Special K

Those are my favorites, I love a lot of cereal, but most of the others are not very nutritious.

Vanilla Almost Special K is amazing
    So is Active Lifestyle Vanilla Almond, it has 10 more calories, but LOTS more vitamins!
  • sawyermark
    sawyermark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like Honey Nut Cheerios, maybe not the best but I was eating a large sausage patty, two fried eggs, hash browns, cheese on white bread with mayo for breakfest. So I figure its a improvemrnt.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I lost 38 lbs with no exercise and i included the following cereals:

Banana Nut Crunch Cereal
    Fiber Plus Cinnamon Oat Crunch

Other meals for breakfast:

Weight Control Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal

as long as you incorporate skim/fat free milk with those cereals you are fine...
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    My tried and true breakfasts are:

1) Special K Cereal (1 cup) with Almond Milk ( 1 cup) & 2 cups of coffee with a tblsp. of milk, divided = 203 cal./ 4g fat

2) Instant plain oatmeal (Mom's Best in the canister) 1/2 cup dry, mixed with hot water, 1 tblsp Jif All natural Peanut butter, 1 tblsp. honey, cinnamon, a grannysmith apple diced & my 2 cups of coffee with milk, divided = 302 cal./ 9g fat

3) Fruit smoothie with greens (such as spinach or kale w/o the ribs = nearly no calories or fat!

:flowerforyou:
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Multigrain Cheerios. I really like Special K Vanilla Almond and Special K Yogurt and Berries but I don't eat them a lot anymore because of the higher calories and sugar.
  • sallyspan
    sallyspan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me the best cereal is Kashi Go Lean (not the Crunch kind, too much sugar). I add a banana in it to add some sweetness. It's very filling and the serving size (52g) looks like a lot too!
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For most people a very nutritious option is cracked wheat cereal. I choose Bob's Red Mill because it's readily available but, depending on where you live, there are many others.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean (original)...I eat it almost every day.

This.. but if it's too bland, the GoLean Crunch is healthy as well.
  • cmgehrke
    cmgehrke Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    homemade museli is your best bet. store bought cereals that are processed will turn into sugar in your body.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I love Honey Chex.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    For not so nutritious cereal, I love Rice Krispies because of the volume you get for little calories (1 1/4 cup for one serving and its 130 cal before milk. I can usually squeak by on 2 servings for dinner when I am lazy).

For more fiber and grainage, I go for honey nut cheerios or multi grain cheerios. I can't get into the Kashi Go lean...tastes more like twigs and branches to me LOL

Bought some of that Fiber One 80 cal/serving cereal but haven't tried it yet.
  • dkueter94
    Options
    I eat Special K with strawberries almost every day with skim milk. It fills me up until I have my late morning snack of greek yogurt or an apple.:smile:
  • knay112
    knay112 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make a mix of 3/4 cup Kellogs All-Bran Wheat Flakes
    and 1/4 cup Just Bunches for the sweetness and thecrunch.
    I love to eat that with Fage 0% yogurt, so that it stays crunchy.

Total damage; 284 calories (17 Carbs, 5g Fat)
    Wonderful at home, or even on the go!
    I actually eat it for lunch every day...
  • lunarescape
    lunarescape Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax.

It's 200 calories a cup, but it's very good for you and keeps you full for a while.

Any of the Kashi cereals seem to be good.