Beer belly

Options
The whole reason I joined MFP was to lose the weight around my stomach and hips - since joining Uni 18 months ago, I drank a LOT more than I did before, and as a result, my stomach grew a lot too.

At the moment, I am on a calorie restricted diet and burn about 750 calories a day through cardio, but I was wondering if anybody knew about any particular exercises that are good for the stomach/abdominal area?

Any help appreciated! Thanks guys and girls x

Replies

• Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Could try doing a some core work like Crunches Planks and so on there are plenty on the web that you can do, but the best thing is to stop drinking really
  • DannyFarrington
    Options
    Yeah I haven't had a drink for 2 weeks now, which is good for me - Uni lifestyle, you drink till drunk 4 times a week!
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    well there is your problem then
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    PSU is like that too. You're not going to find specific exercises to spot reduce fat, unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Try to make sure you're eating healthy other than when you party. Consider cutting back on partying from 4 days a week to 2 or something like that (blasphemy I know, but if you're anything like I was in college it'll help, I could put away 12,000+ calories in a night on booze and bar food when I'd go out drinking). Up your cardio if you can, and if you haven't already try to incorporate a solid full body weight lifting regime.

Even then, you can out drink just about any workout/diet routine if you put your mind to it. Try to moderate so it doesn't hit you too much, but still remember to have fun.