Someone told me I am too old to have a six pack....

Options
I will have a six pack... I am not here JUST to prove them wrong, but it will be fun!

I am studying and taking a year off for health. I am in to this for a few weeks and the results are incredible. I have ramped up my cardio to 300-400 minutes per week and stayed within the calorie count but for one night. Once my shoulder is better, I will hit the weights again. Getting in shape for a summer on the Cape over the 4th of July. I can do this!

Replies

• pauljsomers
    Options
    I will have a six pack... I am not here JUST to prove them wrong, but it will be fun!

I am studying and taking a year off for health. I am in to this for a few weeks and the results are incredible. I have ramped up my cardio to 300-400 minutes per week and stayed within the calorie count but for one night. Once my shoulder is better, I will hit the weights again. Getting in shape for a summer on the Cape over the 4th of July. I can do this!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Oh ya, must have been someone with a beer gut!:drinker: Coming from a fellow shoulder injury victim-my 2nd surgery is next Thurs., and I have of sixpack in the making.:blushing: Kath
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    good luck, who told you your to old?

there was a guy in the show that was 68 and he had a 6pack
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Wowsers! You are off to a great start! I have a best friend that was a Mr. Universe quite a while ago...the guy still has a six pack and works on it daily and is probably 10 years older than you! You can do it and we will all cheer you on!!!!!

Welcome!:smile:
  • pauljsomers
    Options
    Thanks! I love the smiley beer drinker, that's awesome. This seems like a great supportive group. Keep working it hotmom!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Eh if someone told me I was too old to have a six pack, I'd tell them that they were too ugly to get a date...might shut em up...good luck on proving them wrong :wink:
  • mRina66
    mRina66 Posts: 38
    Options
    just keep doing what your doing and you will get there!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
  • pauljsomers
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you!!
  • pauljsomers
    Options
    Someone older than me without a six pack.. :ohwell:

Thanks for the encouragement, you are all very kind!
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    :laugh: That smiley face beer drinker is a smiley face water drinker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I think people that say "you're to old" just don't want to put the work into it. I get that over arms. Like women over 45 should have flabby arms just because they hit a certain age. Sorry but I'm not buying that.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    awwww, don't listen to people that discourage others.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    next time someone tells you that you just zap them smiley-sw001.gif

They are usually saying stuff like that because they feel if they can't have it why should anyone else.

Don't give it you can do it.

smiley-signs003.gif