Magic Bullet Blender???

Options
My blender just broke - arghhhh! I make a smoothie every day, sometimes I use it twice. I'm thinking of buying a Magic Bullet. Does it crush ice well? Anyone who owns one, I would love feeback before I go spend the money. Thanks!

Replies

• Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love my magic bullet blender and do use it to make smoothies. The convenience of blending in the cup you drink out of is awesome! If you just need a small blender that makes one drink at a time, it's perfect.
  • kstamm1607
    Options
    Yes, they work great! I bought a off brand that works well and I make a shake everyday. Bella Cucina. Good luck!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have a Chris Freytag personal blender an I like it much better then the bullet. If you need to buy a new one anyway - you might check it out - I got mine off QVC but they do sell them in some stores.
  • stephfree3
    stephfree3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a Chris Freytag personal blender an I like it much better then the bullet. If you need to buy a new one anyway - you might check it out - I got mine off QVC but they do sell them in some stores.

When I look up Chris Freytag blenders on Amazon, the Back to Basics brand comes up. Is that the same thing??
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet, and for smoothies it's quite alright, that's the only thing I'll use if for nowadays. I haven't tried ice, but I've tried most other things, like chopping chocolate, cheese, whatever. It's useless for those things. But, excellent for smoothies or other things that has to do with lots of fluid.
  • lorification
    lorification Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I bought one from Costco but returned it after a few uses. It seemed to work fine - though I didn't put ice in my smoothies, so I can't comment on that. I was making green smoothies, and the amount of spinach I was putting in the cup was too large, so I returned the bullet and got a full-sized blender instead.
  • jxx1919
    Options
    I have a magic bullet blender...the things works WONDERS! I absolutely love it!!
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    great for smoothies,but no it doesn't crush ice well AT ALL.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have used my magic bullet every day sometimes twice a day for a year now and couldn't live without it! However, I find it doesn't crush ice as well as my large blender. It doesn't like the large cube tray icecubes, you almost have to smash them up in a ziplock before putting them in the bullet.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Just get a regular size blender.......more applications and more power. imo
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    I love my Magic Bullet! Love that I can blend and drink from the same cup!
  • sarahstoltman
    Options
    I like mine pretty well except that i have to defrost my strawberries because if i dont I have huge chunks in my smoothie... other than that I like it a lot
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I only ever make smoothies or bread crumbs in mine.
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I like mine a lot. It does okay with frozen fruit, but not regular ice.
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    I wouldn't own anything but a Ninja. I didn't like my Magic Bullet. Ninja turns ice to snow in seconds.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Got one and it works great!
  • chenoamac
    chenoamac Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love mine... infact I have 2 of them... one for work and home

I use ice, frozen fruit every day the bullet works great.. I use to make my sons baby food with it too
  • Paulapumpkin
    Options
    Hi there
    I have a bullet, and its ok,, But in Asda they are doing the Genie which is the same , For under £20,, Bargain, I paid nearly £100 for my bullet got it when it first came out years ago,
    x
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I've got 3 of them... just won one before Christmas at a staff party which was the expanded system with a "blender pitcher" instead of just the cups..
    if you're doing a bunch of various flavoured small drinks then the bullet is ...almost ideal.

I do prefer my full-size blender where the blades come off the pitcher and fit on any normal mouth mason jar though, I have enough jars that everyone at a party can get their own "cup" for customizing and the bigger motor powers through anything I've thrown at it unless I put too much frozen stuff in at once. Best $2 spent at a yardsale this year :P
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use mine for my protein shakes. Like many have posted..it doesn't crush the ice into "slushie" style that I like...but I can live with it. Love the convenience of blending in the same cup as you will drink! I use it all the time and have had it for almost a year! Holding up pretty good too IMO.