Life isnt going according to plan...need help

2»

Replies

• TNGURL
    TNGURL Posts: 89 Member
    “The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.”

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE YOUNG LADY, I PROMISE IF YOU LEARN THIS NOW.. LIFE WILL SO MUCH EASIER AS YOU MATURE!!!! (=
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Try not to be so hard on yourself. Like others have said, focus on small bits of time instead of larger ones. Focus on an hour at a time, then a few hours, then before you know it you will be focused on a day at a time. As for exercise - you don't have to go to a gym to get get exercise, or even do "intentional exercising" as I call it. Vacuum the floor (under the furniture). Clean out a closet. Rake some leaves. Little things. You'd be surprised how much you burn just doing household chores. Plus, you get that sense of accomplishment when you finish. One thing I do know is - you MUST eat something. Not eating is not going to help you feel better. In fact, the lack of nutrients will make you feel worse. I know this from personal experience - as someone who suffers from depression and mania, I know that eating good food is a major factor in staying off the mood rollercoaster. Hang in there. And please friend me if you like. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. :)
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Add me if you like. I joined almost 2 weeks ago and gained 2lbs the first week. I was horrified that I wasn't losing. Then it hit me. It took 9 years to put it on and it wasn't going to come off in a week. Life gets rough sometimes and all we can do is get through it the best we can. That means making good choices in all aspects. That is my goal, to make the best choices I can and hope that I become a healthier person because of it.
  • sig1238
    sig1238 Posts: 16
    I don't mean to make light of your situation, but every day is a good one as long as we start it on the right side of the grass. Create a list of positive things about your life, with "breathing" at the very top. Add youth (or at least a youthful spirit), strong legs, a clear mind, etc. Focus on the good stuff, and tell the ugly junk to take a bloomin' hike.

Life is a big ball of challenges, and a kick-*kitten* attitude will boost your enjoyment index, and get you through it with the least amount of scars.

As far as your lack of motivation is concerned, kick it to the curb. Regardless of how much you don't want to exercise, put on your walking shoes and stomp the crap out of a couple miles. The hardest step is always the first one out the door.

From here on out, you are a Tough Chick Warrior Goddess, and "Just Do It" is your motto! Now shout out a battle cry (AAAARGH!), and get moving.

You - can - do - this!
  • Everything will be all right. From your picture you don't look like you should be hard pressed to lose weight anyway. Just focus on being healthy and feeling good, not the stupid scale. Scales lie! It's about what your made of not how much you have. I stopped looking at scales a long time ago. Just be strong!
  • Thank you everyone for you supporting words.