Guilty Pleasures?

Options
Rachael
Rachael Posts: 168 Member
Today I was in the car rockin' out to Buffalo Stance by Neneh Cherry - remember that one? I love that song...but it's definitely a guilty pleasure! Others are:

1970's - Mandy or Copacabana (Barry Manilow) or Afternoon Delight (Starlight Vocal Band)
1980's - I just told ya - Buffalo Stance (Neneh Cherry)
1990's - Regulators (Nate Dogg, Warren G) <-- that's a great song, but you would laugh if you saw me rockin' it, so definitely a guilty pleasure :laugh:

Movies - Dirty Dancing (Because nobody puts Baby in a corner) and Highlander (Because there can only be one)

What are your music/movie guilty pleasures? Be honest, I won't laugh :wink:

Replies

• Rachael
    Options
    Today I was in the car rockin' out to Buffalo Stance by Neneh Cherry - remember that one? I love that song...but it's definitely a guilty pleasure! Others are:

1970's - Mandy or Copacabana (Barry Manilow) or Afternoon Delight (Starlight Vocal Band)
    1990's - Regulators (Nate Dogg, Warren G) <-- that's a great song, but you would laugh if you saw me rockin' it, so definitely a guilty pleasure :laugh:

Movies - Dirty Dancing (Because nobody puts Baby in a corner) and Highlander (Because there can only be one)

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

I love all kinds of music- I was actually just jamming to Wild Thang in the car at lunch -lol

As for movies I love love GOONIES- Tommy Boy- I too love dirty dancing me and friend used to try and do the dance at the end with the lift and all lmao--
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    songs:
    Britney Spears: Toxic
    Digital Underground: Freaks of the Industry
    Heart: Crazy on You / Alone
    2Pac: Thug Passion
    Salt and Peppa: Push it
    Bon Jovi: Livin on a Prayer
    Deanna Carter: Strawberry Wine
    Rob Base, DJ EZ Rock: It Takes Two

oh so many more.....

Movies:
    Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
    The Labyirinth
    Basicallly Any Musical...
    Legend with Tom Cruise
    Splash
    The Muppet Movies!!!

I can keep going....
  • Rachael
    Options
    Love the Goonies...totally forgot about that one!
  • codykitty
    Options
    ditto on Goonies! I can watch that and Back to the Future 10 times a day!
  • Rachael
    Options
    CodyKitty...speaking of Rob Base - Joy and Pain is another good one! Great list! Salt n Peppa! Yes, always wanted to be Spinderella!!
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Movies:
    Funny Girl (Barbara Streisand musical.....this movie makes me happy. I don't know why, and I don't question it. :huh:
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off :glasses:
    Dirty Dancing

also...not really considered movies, but I love the old, old episodes of I Love Lucy and The Three Stooges. :laugh: I have several on DVD.

Music:
    Guns 'N Roses - "Sweet Child of Mine" and "Welcome to the Jungle"
    Aerosmith - "Love in an Elevator"
  • codykitty
    Options
    "joy...pump it up pump it up!!!! and pain....keep it goin keep it goin now...sunshine"
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Favorite all time girl song

Short Man by: Gillet censored.gif
    Lyrics: Don't want no shortcensored.gif man, don't want, don't want :laugh:

Movies
    Anime series and movies
    All Resdient Evil movies
    Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, etc
    see the trend

Videos Games:
    Soul Reaper -- Mad Dash -- Tomb Raider -- Devil May Cry -- Metal Gear Solid to name a few
  • Rachael
    Options
    Ha! These are so funny...especially if your guilty pleasures are completely off from anything you regularly listen to or watch. I listen to all kinds of music and most days it could be anything from Anberlin to ZZ Top and alot of stuff in between, but Barry Manilow usually isn't in the mix :laugh:

Stay strong today!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Favorite all time girl song

Short Man by: Gillet censored.gif
    Lyrics: Don't want no shortcensored.gif man, don't want, don't want :laugh:

Movies
    Anime series and movies
    All Resdient Evil movies
    Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, etc
    see the trend

Videos Games:
    Soul Reaper -- Mad Dash -- Tomb Raider -- Devil May Cry -- Metal Gear Solid to name a few

I'm a zombie lover too! Do you have a zombie plan? lol

Anyways, I've just discovered www.lostzombies.com. It's pretty saweet! I've been reading the blogs while waiting in lines (love my crackberry!).
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Grease I & II. I'm helpless whenever they come on. :laugh:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    OMGosh!!! Thanks for some memories here...:drinker:

It Takes Two and Joy and Pain were popular the summer I was at Myrtle Beach....good times spent at "The Attic"...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Also, some great movies mentioned here as well....makes me want to go home and curl up on the couch with some popcorn and waste away the day...:tongue:
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    My guilty pleasure:

I love to watch my husband play video games and "help" him. My favorites are Fallout, Assasins Creed, and Grand Theft Auto. I can literally sit for hours and watch him play, while yelling at him for going the wrong way, warning him about bad guys, and helping him figure stuff out. I repeat, I do not ever play, just watch.
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My guilty pleasure:

I love to watch my husband play video games and "help" him. My favorites are Fallout, Assasins Creed, and Grand Theft Auto. I can literally sit for hours and watch him play, while yelling at him for going the wrong way, warning him about bad guys, and helping him figure stuff out. I repeat, I do not ever play, just watch.

why not pick up the controller one day? :flowerforyou:

my most embarrasing guilty pleasure is tmz. i hate celebrity gossip, but that show always sucks me in...
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    The Notebook! I could watch that over and over again.

The song Mmmbop - Hanson (I KNOW!!!) I think I just like it because it reminds me of when I was 11 and was in love with Zach (Now I'm like, Jacquie WTF were you thinking?).

Leonardo Dicaprio (same reason as above)

Britney Spears (I have no excuse)

Perezhilton.com (again, I have no excuse).
  • Rachael
    Options
    Hanson! How funny. I know what you mean about Britney - Womanizer almost made my list...just love that song...:laugh: