diet plan

Options
Hi all, can anyone tell me if its important to eat your daily allowance of protein, carbs and fat or will you lose weight more quickly if you eat less of these.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    For me I just found healthier alternatives for the foods I love and portion control. I didn't want to completely change the way I ate because I knew I would not stick to it. I got a food scale and use it all the time.
  • jaynemaria
    jaynemaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    For me I just found healthier alternatives for the foods I love and portion control. I didn't want to completely change the way I ate because I knew I would not stick to it. I got a food scale and use it all the time.

Thankyou for your quick response, O want to stick to a low calorie,low fat diet, but it cofuses me with the carbs and protein
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    You should, at the very least, be meeting the protein goal. Protein is extremely important when dieting. MFP has the protein goal set on the low side....so be sure to definitely meet that if not go over (even by a lot). Fats are essential to any healthy diet and it's important that you do get a certain amount (although I'm not sure what the default fat % is on MFP). So you should be trying to meet the fat goal as well. Then you can fill in the rest of your calories with carbs. A lot of people, myself included, customize their macro nutrient goals based on their own research and what they're trying to accomplish (fat loss, muscle gain, maintenance, etc.) . I try to come as close as possible to meeting my goals.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    I eat all my calories, but switched the percentage of protein and carb in the settings. I eat 40 percent protein, 40 percent carb and 20 percent fat. In my opinion MFP has the carbs set to high. Since I eat more protein, I am longer fuller and loose better weight.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options

Thankyou for your quick response, O want to stick to a low calorie,low fat diet, but it cofuses me with the carbs and protein
    You have to identify the way you like to eat. If you have always liked foods high in protein then find healthier lower fat protein. If you are a carb eater, find lower carb versions for the things you love and cut bad carbs ( Sugar, White processed carbs, chips pretzels, soda, even juice, I eat my friut instead). I found higher fiber low cal breads, Whole wheat pasta ( no more then 2 oz), Sweet potatoes ( 4 oz) instead of white. Portion control is very important too. Get a food scale and make sure you are not over eating. You'll be shocked to see what a true portion is. If you try to eat completely different with a diet you will not be able to stick to forever, you will gain anything you lose and more once you stop.