Poor blood circulation

Options
Hi everyone,
I think i might have poor blood circulation. I dont know how worried or serious this is. But every morning i wake up with swollen hands sometimes feet too. The swelling usually goes away after some time about 30to 4min after waking up and washing my hands with cold water. I drink cant 2l water daily. I eat my vegetables and fruits. I love spicy hot foods. I jog for 45min 5days a week. How can i improve my blood circulation?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    This is a question to ask your Doctor. It could be something serious.
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    Definitely consult a doctor. Might not be a circulation issue, may just be a water retention issue. Look at your sodium intake and reduce if you can. Don't take any over the counter diuretics they are dangerous. See your doctor.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason why you think it is poor circulation? Are there family members with this issue? Going to a doctor is probably the best idea. If you don't you'll continue to "guess" what the problem is.
  • elysia81
    Options
    Look at your log and see if you have been consuming lots of Sodium, try to cut that down if you have and see if anything changes.

Also, are you hot during the night? Sometimes you go "puffy" if you don't have fresh air in the room, try opening the window a crack.

Defs see a doctor though.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Please go to the doctor..........it may be nothing but water retention....but it could be something serious....poor blood circulation can cause a lot of other issues....including with your heart. Please don't play with your health. I know too many people who wouldn't go to the doctor for a check up and ended up with more serious issues. You could prevent bigger issues with just a check up! For example my friend could have saved her breast if she went to the doctor at the first signs of something going on.....instead she ignored it, and the cancer got worse.
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My hands used to be swollen in the mornings and it was hard to bend my fingers (even holding my coffee mug was painful. As the day went on, it would be better. I went to the doc.....was tested for several things........turned out to be my thyroid. Super easy fix.....1 tiny pill per day and my hands are fine.

See your doctor.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies and gents. I will see a doc ASAP