The Most Amazing BBQ Meatloaf Muffins!

Options
bgc85
bgc85 Posts: 68
Easy to assemble using your pantry ingredients for the homemade BBQ sauce! I just posted this to my blog, but like to share the recipes here! The stats are pretty impressive! (IMO)

Here is the link if you want to see the picture:
http://tactfullysouthern.blogspot.com/2012/01/most-amazing-barbeque-meatloaf.html

Otherwise, here you go!

Betsy's Barbeque Meatloaf Muffins
Serving Size: 2 Muffins
Servings Per Recipe: 7

1.5 lbs ground chuck (20% fat) - DO NOT use 7% fat - TRUST me. It will be dry (at least mine was)!
1 onion chopped (I cooked these in the microwave for ~2 min or until soft)
1 cup italian bread crumbs
1 egg - lightly beaten
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 15 oz canned tomato sauce
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons splenda brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Wisk together the tomato sauce, vinegar, splenda brown sugar, and dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce. (I pre-mix the homemade bbq sauce the night before to make for a quick assembly the next day!) Mix together the beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper, and homemade barbeque sauce. Put the beef mixture into muffin tins (I get 14 'muffins' per batch). Pour this sauce over the meatloaf muffins. (I normally put a 'hole' using my finger in each muffin prior to pouring the sauce. Bake for ~45 minutes or until cooked through.

I served these with a slice of corn bread and fresh green beans sauteed with garlic, salt and pepper, and some 'butter' spread.

These have some pretty impressive stats and are filling (not to mention amazingly delicious)!

Barbeque Meatloaf, 1 serving of 2 Muffins

Calories 372 Carbs 20 Fat 21 Protein 22 Sodium 745 Fiber 2