musing on why we need exercise

Options
I was reminded today how important exercise is in losing weight. It forces us to think about our bodies in a deeper way, connect with it and LISTEN to it more than when we are just cutting calories. When we exercise our good and bad food choices can become even more evident when our body needs healthy fuel for energy or when its feeling weighed down by empty processed calories. It also makes weight loss even more rewarding when the flab is eventually shed and there is beautiful strong muscle underneath:drinker: Walking, weight lifting or whatever we may do makes our bodies feel alive, tired in a productive way -not tired as in i've been sitting in front of the computer too long. This will ultimately make us more successful in our weight loss journey and for the long run. We are all here to be healthier and i feel it everyday after a long work out though my joints may not feel better LOL! Sorry for preaching to the choir but sometimes i forget why it is i sweat so hard.

Replies

• miasuperstar
    Options
    I was reminded today how important exercise is in losing weight. It forces us to think about our bodies in a deeper way, connect with it and LISTEN to it more than when we are just cutting calories. When we exercise our good and bad food choices can become even more evident when our body needs healthy fuel for energy or when its feeling weighed down by empty processed calories. It also makes weight loss even more rewarding when the flab is eventually shed and there is beautiful strong muscle underneath:drinker: Walking, weight lifting or whatever we may do makes our bodies feel alive, tired in a productive way -not tired as in i've been sitting in front of the computer too long. This will ultimately make us more successful in our weight loss journey and for the long run. We are all here to be healthier and i feel it everyday after a long work out though my joints may not feel better LOL! Sorry for preaching to the choir but sometimes i forget why it is i sweat so hard.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Hey if you're preaching to the choir, I'm in the chorus :wink:
    I LOVE walking, the scale doesn't budge much at the moment, but I'm seeing results in the mirror, and I feel so much better for losing almost half of my baggage :drinker: