MFP Runners Club 3/12

Options
Wake up everyone and get out and run. :smokin:

I ran today for the first time in almost a month. It was a little under 3.5 miles and it was rough. I can tell I lost some time since I haven't run in awhile. Just know I wasn't slacking off, I have been sick with an upper respitory infection and various colds and sinus infections I can't seem to get rid of. Some of the running group wants to run 10 miles this weekend. I think I will stick with the single loop at Peace Valley Park and do 6. The 10 mile Broad Street Run is only 6 weeks away.

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Wake up everyone and get out and run. :smokin:

I ran today for the first time in almost a month. It was a little under 3.5 miles and it was rough. I can tell I lost some time since I haven't run in awhile. Just know I wasn't slacking off, I have been sick with an upper respitory infection and various colds and sinus infections I can't seem to get rid of. Some of the running group wants to run 10 miles this weekend. I think I will stick with the single loop at Peace Valley Park and do 6. The 10 mile Broad Street Run is only 6 weeks away.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning Sherry! :smile:

Good for you getting out there. I had a sinus infection for about 6 weeks & it was a bear getting rid of. :indifferent: Hopefully you're on the mend now. :flowerforyou:

Got 4 miles in this morning. I have my first organized run this Sunday (7k) and am hoping it's not too cold! :ohwell:

Happy Running! :heart:
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry!

I'm glad you're up and about again. It is amazing how quickly you can lose endurance when you take time off. Believe me I can completely relate, as I'm just getting back into the swing of things myself. Have fun at Peace Valley. I'll probably be there Sunday morning for a long run.

I was planning on the Broad Street run, too, but then I found out about a 1/2 marathon on the same day in the Lehigh Valley, so I think I'm going to do that one instead. Less people and less of a hassle to get there, I think. Plus, my family is closer to that area, so maybe I'll have some fans to cheer me on! :happy:

I'm running 6 miles today at an easy pace. I plan on heading out this afternoon after my daughter's conference with her teachers.

Wishing everyone good runs...
  • SherryRH
    Options
    Hi Sherry!

I'm glad you're up and about again. It is amazing how quickly you can lose endurance when you take time off. Believe me I can completely relate, as I'm just getting back into the swing of things myself. Have fun at Peace Valley. I'll probably be there Sunday morning for a long run.

I was planning on the Broad Street run, too, but then I found out about a 1/2 marathon on the same day in the Lehigh Valley, so I think I'm going to do that one instead. Less people and less of a hassle to get there, I think. Plus, my family is closer to that area, so maybe I'll have some fans to cheer me on! :happy:

I'm running 6 miles today at an easy pace. I plan on heading out this afternoon after my daughter's conference with her teachers.

Wishing everyone good runs...

Heather,

I heard that the registration for the 1/2 marathon at Lehigh Valley is closed. They reached maximum capacity for entries. You may want to check into that before the end of the month since you get a discount on Broad Street if you reg. before the end of the month.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Ran 6.5 this morning. First good run all week, so felt good to get out.

Sherry, glad to see you're back on the road again:flowerforyou:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Have not posted in awhile. Been super busy but have been running and teaching figure skating and teaching aerobic classes. No run today but 6 last night and 5 on Sunday and 3 on Tuesday. So 14 for the week hoping for 20- 30 we will see what I can fit in with my crazy schedule..... Glad to post again..

Alisha
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hi runners!!! Felt horrible y'day w/ a migraine so not sure how I was going to feel today. But once I got going, I felt great!

8 mile run... 6 miles at tempo. Then 600 yd swim. :bigsmile:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! 7 miles for me today!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Sherry -

Oh WOW! Thanks for the update! I'll definitely see what is up, then. I'm such a procrastinator! :tongue:

EDITED TO ADD -

Yup. You are right, Sherry. It is sold out! Guess it is Broad Street for me. :laugh:
  • SherryRH
    Options
    Sherry, glad to see you're back on the road again:flowerforyou:

Thanks runnerdad. It feels good to be back. :drinker:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    No running for me today, went to the gym and did legs. :flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    The arthritis in my neck is flaring up again so I haven't been out to run. Doing alternative cardio is driving me nuts though. Anyone deal with arthritis in your neck? I'm avoiding the doctor for fear she says no more running. I hoping the problem was wearing my old shoes on the last run I did. It was pouring rain and just grabbed the crappiest shoes. I know old shoes can affect my knees so hoping it applies to neck as well. Off to runnersworld to search the site for tips.