Fitness w/ Knee / Hip Injuries?

Options
I used to be a gym bunny, working out 4 hours per day, 5 days per week. I enjoyed the treadmill, weight machines, free weights, fitness classes, home fitness via DVDs, dancing, yoga, pilates, etc.

I've since injured my knees and hip (among other things). The doctor has limited me to non-weight bearing activities (which even includes walking). He said I can swim, and that's pretty much it. I'm not willing to accept that. I LOVE working out, and want to regain my 14* body fat figure that I had before the injuries.

Things I've tried:
- Treadmill -- Obviously out since it's weight bearing.
- Recumbent Biking -- That's long caused me pain, even before my joints got to where they are now.
- Elliptical -- My knees are too far gone for this, as this hurts too.
- Yoga -- I was an Ashtanga yoga regular but all the up, down, up, down from the mat has become difficult for me as it's terribly challenging to get up / down from the floor with a bum knee.
- Fitness Videos / Classes -- All the ones I'm used to and have seen use a lot of jumps, lunges, etc that I can't do with my knee.

**Anyone else out there that has already learned how to work out with injuries that has other fitness ideas a person can do (or even specific knee-friendly DVDs) with knee & hip injuries, other than swimming (as I can't always get to the pool and also need variety)?**

Thank you in advance!