Yikes...MFP day 4...Co-workers ordering from Panera

Options
2»

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    depends on if you're watching your sodium or only calories....the sodium is crazy at panera!!!
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The Thai chicken salad and Asian chicken salad are both good, and around 400 calories including the dressing. I love Panera!
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I wish we had a Panera near us!!!
  • Natley
    Natley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    thats cool, all the nutritional info is available. try the thai chicken salad>>>>yum!!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I love panera! order from the you pick two options, skip the side of bread, and have water and you should be fine!
  • shanab76
    Options
    OMGoodness, you are in luck. Panera has WONDERFUL food choices that are not only delicious, but will keep you in your calorie goal.. Be careful its sometime the little things. Like the baguette w/ the soup or the sweet tea that will kill you, try to choose the healthy option sides like the apple.. Enjoy! Panera is one of my fave's!!!!
  • shanab76
    Options
    I love panera! order from the you pick two options, skip the side of bread, and have water and you should be fine!

AGREED 100%
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    They have a really good Asian salad. Forgot the name but it may be a chopped salad. You can do that with a bowl of their black bean soup.

THATS IT (below me)
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I have the Asian Sesame Chicken salad. it is LOW CARB if you leave off the fried noodles. the dressing is reduced sugar. I believe without the noodles it is 350 calories-ish, and it tastes great.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Panera actually has a lot of decent options and will tailor most things to you.

I always get the Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad without bacon and switch the dressing for balsamic. I only 1/2 the portion of balsamic and it's 290 cals/13g fat/11g/33g protein. The sodium is a bit high (870mg) for my liking, but that's how it is at most places you go out to eat at.
  • deanna104
    deanna104 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    we just ordered from there too! love the pick two with the thai chix salad and i splurge and get the broccoli cheddar soup... you def can watch/count your calories with panera foods!!!
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You Pick Two. Black Bean soup and Thai Chopped salad. One of my favorite combinations. :)

AHMAZING! I love both of their thai style salads
  • OneDayFree
    OneDayFree Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love Panera but I have to stay away from there. Sorry!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    they have a full nutritional calculator on their website : http://www.paneranutrition.com/

I like getting the you pick 2 - I ALWAYS choose the classic salad and then switch up my other option. but my current fave is the salmon club!

the classic salad is only like 190 calories... friggen delicious! and get an apple on the side..easy peasy!
  • Dogwood111
    Dogwood111 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks All! I did look up the website which was helpful. But I also appreciate all the comments on which food items were actually healthy and tasty at the same time.
    Happy weekend!
    C
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I personally love their black bean soup, and their salads. My fave is the fuji apple chicken salad, which I believe is on the heavy side in calories due to the nuts and blue cheese...but quite honestly, I love it so much, it's worth the splurge for me. Just stay away from bread as your side item...get an apple instead! :)