Opinions WANTED - Elliptical V.S. TreadClimber

Options
I have been using the Elliptical for YEARS and love it. It truly does save your knees : ) Recently i began using the TreadClimber as well and really like that. Now my daily work out consists of Elliptical for 45 minutes and the TreadClimber for 15 minutes :drinker:

My question is :

Does Anyone know which machines out there are Better for burning Calories ?

Replies

• diehard412
    diehard412 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Elliptical for YEARS and love it. It truly does save your knees : ) Recently i began using the TreadClimber as well and really like that. Now my daily work out consists of Elliptical for 45 minutes and the TreadClimber for 15 minutes :drinker:

My question is :

Does Anyone know which machines out there are Better for burning Calories ?
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have used both in the gym - I was a diehard stairclimber person - then I tried the elliptical - I LOVE THE ELLIPTICAL!!

I would put in my info and I would burn WAY more calories on the elliptical (with adjustments to levels and resistance) than the stairclimber for the same amount of time and I truly felt like I was burning more calories.

I do not have a HRM so I depend on my numbers from the machine - and this is just my opinion.

Hope this helps!!
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I bought an elliptical about 2 months ago! I love it!! The more you jack up the resistance the more calories you burn!! Mine has several different programs on it to change up my work out daily. The interval program is a killer but it's great for burning those calories!!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    The TreadClimber is the machine advertised on TV, right? Not a stair climber, though. I was wondering if it is a good piece of exercise equipment. Please give your overall impressions. Thanks!
  • amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    i love my eliptical. i can burn over 600 calories is 30 min. on my programs. I have 1 where I go clear up to resistance 8.
  • diehard412
    diehard412 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes that's correct the TreadClimber is different then the stair climber

The TreadClimber is like a treadmill, but it has two "paddles" that you walk on and they move up and down as you walk.. The max speed on there is 4 MPH. Its pretty intense. I use it as my cool down after a 45 min elliptical run. Only I sweat way More on the TreadClimber ...
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone with a Polar HRM can tell us which machine burns more cals.