Primal Eater- Restaurant help near Houston TX

Options
mamaturner
mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
Hey everyone! So my birthday is this Tuesday and I'm trying to find a Primal restaurant near Houston. (we're actually in Clear Lake City, and fairly new to the area) Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or ideas in the area for a fun place to go where I can actually eat!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sethandjane
    sethandjane Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am far away from Texas (Cleveland!) but if I'm eating out with friends, fairly "safe" Primal choices are places that are NOT mostly pasta (i.e. Olive Garden). If we're going out with family/friends, I usually suggest a steakhouse or fish place (i.e. Outback or Red Lobster) where I know I can get a decent protein course (steak/fish) and some salad/veggies.

The best advice is to find a place and look up their menu before hand on the web - that's what I usually do, although it's mostly the bigger chain restaurants that put their nutritional info on the web.

Good luck - and happy birthday! :):smile:

(Also - there's a Primal/Paleo community group - if you re-posted this quesion in that forum you might get a ton of answers!)
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    thank you, I was starting to worry! lol.. I did find a one I really wanted to go to but won't happen (a Brazilian steak house! deffinitlely for our anniversary!)

But this helps b/c now I'm off to find the primal/paleo community!! lol