SBF challenge - March 12

Options
cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Hello, SBFers! Even though there's snow on the ground, I'm feeling a little more chipper this morning. Maybe because I seem to be down half a pound. My goals for the day:
- drink my water
- do my pushups
- either go to Zumba or do a cardio DVD at home

And then I need to spend some time thinking about what my routine should be for the next round of the challenge. I should probably be doing some other strength training besides the pushups, but I'm not quite sure how to fit it in.

Have a happy flappy! :laugh:

Replies

• cp005e
    Options
    Hello, SBFers! Even though there's snow on the ground, I'm feeling a little more chipper this morning. Maybe because I seem to be down half a pound. My goals for the day:
    - drink my water
    - do my pushups
    - either go to Zumba or do a cardio DVD at home

And then I need to spend some time thinking about what my routine should be for the next round of the challenge. I should probably be doing some other strength training besides the pushups, but I'm not quite sure how to fit it in.

Have a happy flappy! :laugh:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    I m not sure if my family is going home today or tomorrow. All I know is that I have to clean up my diet. I have eaten way too much junk the last four days. My mom says she has to get some weight off (she's not really THAT big) but then she brings a whole bunch of crap into my house and then I eat it! When will I learn? I have no self control. That's something I am praying for, otherwise this is not going to work for me.
    I am feeling tired and unmotivated this morning, probably again from all the junk I've been eating. I need to do something today. Even if it's just play on the wii.
    My goals for the next challenge are as follows:
    work out 3-4X a week
    get my water in
    sweets twice a month
    eat at least one fruit and one veggie a day (Maybe up it to 2 each. It's not easy for me.)
    log all my food for a month (Haven't done this in forever!)
    I know if I do all these things for at least 3/4 of the challenge I will drop some weight. I need to print this out and put it on my fridge so I won't forget what I am doing. I should post a paper on my fridge and pantry that says in really big letters: Log before you eat! Maybe that will help! I'll get annoyed that's for sure. :laugh:
    Today's goals: get it under control! Whatever "it" is!
    Hope you have a good day!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Still on the mend and resting.

Will post my new challenge goals later today. Have been thinking about them.

Also, how do you think it's best to encourage new folks to join? Just have a "join us" "new" "shiny" in the topic heading on Monday?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    MM - I know that Bob Greene said that "It's about keeping promises to yourself" If you say you won't eat sweets for March, and you keep your promise, you will believe yourself next time you make a promise. I don't know if that helps you or not. The chart on the fridge - that I look at and fill in everyday - really helps me.

I'm trying to think of something with re-boot challenge - booty and boot camp are all that are coming to mind, and I don't want to use either. Brain dead, I guess.

Yesterday: 5 mile walk/jog & yoga. The walk/jog made my hip feel better, so I'm taking the next two days off yoga - but starting Saturday, I go yoga crazy. Here's what my tentative schedule looks like:

Sat: 10:30-11:30 Back to Basics class (not sure what's going to happen in this class) 2-3 yoga at my gym
    Sun: 10:15-11:30 teach yoga
    Mon: 10-11 flow, 11:30-12:30 core yoga (some idea what this class will be like :wink: ), 4:30-6 regular yoga class.
    Tues: 9:30-10:30 Hatha, 3:30-4:30 flow, 6:30-7:45 hip hop yoga (yoga to hip hop music :laugh: )
    Wed: 11:30-12:30 core yoga, 5:30-6:30 weights?, 6:30-7:45 regular yoga
    Thurs: 11:30-12:30 hatha, 6:00-7:15 Hatha, 7:30-9 Iyengar
    Fri: 10-11:15 flow

Today: walk/jog at gym

Happy Flappy workouts!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I just posted my "re-boot" goals in my blog. I've got a lot of time on my hands what with not being able to leave the house and all.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/viviakay/view/renewing-my-vows-to-myself-5241

In short:
    Cardio 3xs a week (upping the intensity)
    Weight Training 2xs a week
    Yoga 3xs a week (two bikram one "other")

Once a week only:
    Sweet treat.
    Eating one item with the TV on
    Take out meal (I think this is my number one risk of too many calories. This includes school days, and means packing a lunch.)
    A "date with myself" pure self-indulgence. A radical act of self-care.

Working on the current academic project 2 hours, four days a week.

I think just typing those can count as my workout for the day. I tried to mop the floor yesterday and ended up sitting on it. I'm a sickie.

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
    (That's still a lot of words, even in the condensed format.:tongue: )

Oh, and how about just "Re-boot for Easter" or something. . .Or just "Re-boot Yourself"? No booties, please.
    SBF 2. . .Re-boot Boogaloo? (sorry, couldn't help it.):wink:
  • cp005e
    Options
    :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :blushing:

Woops! I started the post in the wrong forum. Thanks for leaving a note in the fitness section, MM!

Mary, you are a yogaholic! And Viv, I am tired just reading your goals. :wink: Feel better soon!

Maybe I will start a blog to post my goals in. I definitely want to go back to the chart on the fridge method, because it definitely helps keep me focused - I just need to use something other dry erase because somehow my DH always manages to smear it. :laugh:

How about Spring Fitness Reboot - Stronger, Better, Faster?
    SBF 2. . .Re-boot Boogaloo? (sorry, couldn't help it.):wink:
    YES! :laugh: