"How I lost 25 lbs in a month" article

Options
What does everyone think about this?? I just found it online and want some opinions please

http://www.debramoorhead.com/blog/index.php/how-i-lost-25-pounds-in-one-month/

Replies

• c_luise
    c_luise Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think that the underlying principle of eating less food/consuming less calories per day is very helpful. I have in the past lost about 5 pounds per week, but only for about 2 or 3 weeks. I ate less during the week and then on the weekend I had a deliciousness unhealthy meal with dessert. Drank my 12 glasses of water a day. I made sure that I was consuming a lot of fiber and less simple carbs and carbs in general. I think that 25 pounds in 3 weeks is not going to be a normal result - sure on the Biggest Loser, they sometimes lose that in 2 weeks or so, but that is with CONSTANT working out. They work out for hours and hours and hours every day and have a specific meal plan to follow - no working, no outside life, no extra worries. I do question why she says that 100 calories a day will add 7 pounds in one month. 1 pound = 3500 calories. 100 calories*30 days=3000 - not even one pound!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Rapid weight loss unless you are obese is going to lead to too much muscle mass loss. If you ever go off the wagon and gain all the weight back, it will be all fat.

I don't recommend it
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    "4. Focus on weight-loss only for now. You’ll add exercise when you’re ready." - http://www.debramoorhead.com/blog/index.php/how-i-lost-25-pounds-in-one-month/

Worse suggestion ever. While I agree with several points the author makes, it must be stated that fitness is not her goal. Also, the amount of weight that she claimed was lost is only possible on a severely restricted (starvation) diet.
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I call BS on her claims.... Eating her BMR at the weight she wanted to be 27 pounds lighter would not cause her to lose that much in a month.

But figuring out what your BMR is at your goal weight is and eating that to lose the weight isn't a horrible idea, I just think telling people that if you do it you are going to be your goal weight in no time is where the BS part comes in.
  • JustGresh
    Options
    Actually, she made some pretty valid points. Her diet is somewhat similar to mine, although not exactly the same. Her statements make sense. The only thing she could have done better is take in a few hundred more calories and actually work out. That would drop her down to the daily calorie count she wanted while actually being healthy. I'm sure this story is true, it doesn't seem too unbelievable. Still, there's healthier ways to do this. Although, losing that much weight in that short of time is not healthy unless you are morbidly obese.