Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Options
soaps54
soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
Hola! I'm a PBJ junkie so any advice on the healthiest peanut butters, jams/jellies, and bread to use will be much appreciated.

What do you put in your peanut butter and jelly sandwich? :-)

Replies

• capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    peanut.gif

I usually get an organic peanut butter and jelly with wheat or rye bread. Sometimes I do no added sugar jelly as well. Depends on how many calories I want to use

Peanut Butter - Justin's
    Jelly - Smucker's Concord Grape Organic :)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes please! I still have to have one every great once in a while. I make them with 100% whole wheat bread, all natural peanut butter (no HFCS or partially hydrogenated oils), and no sugar added jelly. Still comes out tasting pretty good.
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love them too I use Smart Balance PB and Smuckers Red Raspberry Preserves on Pepperidge Farms 15 grain bread. :tongue:
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I like smuckers natural PB... it is just peanuts and <2% salt :wink:
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Co.'s White Chocolate Wonderful. Delicious, healthier then regular peanut butter and I can't live without it. Ever since I started eating the Peanut Butter and Co brand I can no longer stand the taste of "regular" peanut butter. All I taste is oil when I eat normal ones.

I prefer toast with peanut butter over a sandwich since I like it warm! :heart:

Also, now I'm going to have the Peanut Butter Jelly Time song in my head all day! ACK :sad: lol
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I use weight watchers whole wheat bread, PB2 (a defatted peanut flour product that you reconstitute) and sugar free splenda jelly Polaner is selling now. It's 135 calories vs. 400 for a PBJ with a standard whole wheat bread, real peanut butter and real jelly.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Mother effer.

That song is stuck in my head now!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you!

I was sitting here eating my lovely PBJ sandwich for lunch filled with creamy Peter Pan pb and sugar filled Smuckers strawberry jam and realized I should ask all you awesome people how to make it healthier. I'll be hitting up the grocery store this weekend to look for some of these products.

Happy Friday!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    That brings up the question......... anyone ever tried making a peanut butter and jelly shake?
    mmmmmm.... sounds good I think? :laugh:
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Mother effer.

That song is stuck in my head now!

WHERE HE AT
    WHERE HE AT
    WHERE HE AT
    WHERE HE AT

NOW DER HE GO
    DER HE GO
    DER HE GO
    DER HE GO
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That brings up the question......... anyone ever tried making a peanut butter and jelly shake?
    mmmmmm.... sounds good I think? :laugh:

I have had a peanut butter milk shake, SOOOOO Good
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Smuckers LOW SUGAR jelly- REAL sugar, just 1/2.
    Crazy Richards peanut butter- no salt
  • rcallbeck
    rcallbeck Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons peanut butter
    2 tablespoons grape jelly
    2 cups vanilla ice cream
    ¼ cup milk

•Blend ingredients until smooth and thick
    •Add additional peanut butter or jelly to taste

From http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/03/bring-in-march-with-a-milk-moustache-and-a-pbj-smile/

Amazingly good. So not good for you, though.
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    now i want a pb&j really bad!

13039618.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Sloth_Jog
    Options
    peanut.gif

nut butters? +1
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I love a peanut butter and brown sugar sandwich (regular brown sugar has 15 calories per tsp. which is less than the Splenda brown sugar).

I use the Laura Scudder's all natural peanut butter
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    LOVE the Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter on either the Pepperidge Farms Sandwich Flats or Nature's Own Sandwich Rounds! :happy:
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    That song is now stuck in my head. GAH! D:
  • mollyfw
    mollyfw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm new to posting so sorry for my late reply, but I read your question initially the other day which got me jonesing for PB&J really bad! Here's what satisfies for me: any low-fat, low cal bread (either a 100cal sandwich thin, Sara Lee 45 calories and delightful which is 90 cals for two slices, or a low fat Nutrigrain Eggo waffle which is 70 cals for one) with one tbsp Better N Peanut Better (50 cals 1 g fat, at Trader Joe's or amazon.com) and and one tbsp Trader Joe's Cranberry Apple Butter (20 cals, 0 fat). I like it with a cup of light vanilla Silk soymilk (70 cal). Not the most nutritious meal ever, but certainly not the most calorically dense when you're craving PB&J.