Does anyone else HATE...

Options
kerrilucko
kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
The saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"? For some reason unbeknownst to me, that saying just totally irks me. I've been seeing it everywhere lately. Does anyone else feel like this? :explode:

Replies

• kerrilucko
    Options
    The saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"? For some reason unbeknownst to me, that saying just totally irks me. I've been seeing it everywhere lately. Does anyone else feel like this? :explode:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I hear ya!!!! In my experience all food tastes better than being skinny. :bigsmile: If it didn't I wouldn't be here in the first place.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Some things bug me when I see it all the time! haha

That one I don't mind SO much only because I can say I've truly experienced it. Being obese and now fit and thin. I mean, WOW! It is true for me that as great as food is, it can't beat feeling as great as I do, shopping for clothes ANYWHERE, having energy for my son and the confidence to enjoy life the way it should be enjoyed.

Again, I am corny!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blushing:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Why am I ALWAYS the corny dork??????????????? LOL!!
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    Some things bug me when I see it all the time! haha

That one I don't mind SO much only because I can say I've truly experienced it. Being obese and now fit and thin. I mean, WOW! It is true for me that as great as food is, it can't beat feeling as great as I do, shopping for clothes ANYWHERE, having energy for my son and the confidence to enjoy life the way it should be enjoyed.

Again, I am corny!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blushing:
    I don't really know why it bugs me... I mean, I like being slim more than pigging out all the time... but that's not what I get from the saying. I think maybe it's the use of the word "skinny" maybe if it was "nothing tastes as good as healthy feels"? hmmm not sure. Maybe I really am crazy :huh:
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people say it to me....but I find that I say it to myself whenever I want to fall off the deep end and eat a couple pizzas. lol.

I will tell you that I HATE it when people comment on my food (amount, content, anything)....

But I promise, I will never quote your most hated line to you ever...okay? I'm on your side. :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    I hate it when people say it to me....but I find that I say it to myself whenever I want to fall off the deep end and eat a couple pizzas. lol.

I will tell you that I HATE it when people comment on my food (amount, content, anything)....

But I promise, I will never quote your most hated line to you ever...okay? I'm on your side. :flowerforyou:

YES I hate it when people comment on my food too. The other day my sister was like uh? how do you eat pizza and still lose weight? In this tone that totally said "are you going to the bathroom in 5 minutes to throw that up?" I hate when people make unfair assumptions about how I'm losing weight based on ONE meal.
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think that is a silly saying.....there are SO many people that are skinny fat......skinny but unhealthy. Food can be tasty and healthy.....and with exercise you can feel good about yourself no matter your size. And if by good choices you get smaller then great!
    150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    I think that is a silly saying.....there are SO many people that are skinny fat......skinny but unhealthy. Food can be tasty and healthy.....and with exercise you can feel good about yourself no matter your size. And if by good choices you get smaller then great!
    150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

YES! you make an excellent point. I think that's it. The saying assumes that eating and being thin are opposite things. When in really eating is neccessary no matter your size.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I think that is a silly saying.....there are SO many people that are skinny fat......skinny but unhealthy.

Yep, I actually dislike the word "skinny". Skinny is not a goal. Healthy is.

Also, I think it's possible to enjoy the taste of something that's been coded as "naughty" in moderation and still be healthy. :flowerforyou:

I also HATE when anyone says anything about my food. What I've chosen to eat or not eat and when and how is MY business.
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options

I completely agree. Skinny people are tough and chewy.

Wait....I think I read that wrong.

:embarassed:
  • kerrilucko
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I dislike the saying as well.

My goal isn't "skinny," I've seen some nasty skinny in my days... :laugh:

***And I am not talkin those naturally slender people (genetics oi!)... but those who's sole goal is skinny... no matter the cost.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!!!! In my experience all food tastes better than being skinny. :bigsmile: If it didn't I wouldn't be here in the first place.

:laugh: :laugh: I always think the same thing when I see that saying. :drinker:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Why do people have to comment when we order a healthy dish at a restaurant? They look at us like, "how can you eat that?"...just as they chomp on a 2000 cal McGlutton.

I agree...I don't want to be skinny. I want to be fit and healthy.
  • AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I dislike the saying as well.

My goal isn't "skinny," I've seen some nasty skinny in my days... :laugh:

***And I am not talkin those naturally slender people (genetics oi!)... but those who's sole goal is skinny... no matter the cost.

OT, you're the only other person besides myself that I've ever seen with a quote from Epictetus!

Oh and it bothers me because they are two different sensations. Taste and Feel, nope, not cohesive. Must be my Type-A personality coming through.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

I :heart: that Hartkid :wink:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does. It almost bugs me as much as: "How do you like them apples". :grumble:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Personally, I hate that phrase.
    A LOT of food tastes waaaaaay better than skinny feels.
    I dislike the phrase because it insinutates that you cannot eat good tasting food and be thin/healthy/skinny. NOT TRUE.
    Moderation. Portion control. Calorie Counting. Exercise.
    I still eat great tasting food (and junk :laugh: ), just much less of it.

And I like Amy's point above that taste and feel are too separate senses, thus the phrase compares apples to oranges.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does. It almost bugs me as much as: "How do you like them apples". :grumble:

I never got that saying. :embarassed: WTH did apples have to do with anything??