jetescamilla's introduction

Options
Hey guys, new to the forum.

Surprise, surprise, we have a new years resolution that prompted this healthier lifestyle. But hopefully I can stick with it.

Some background...

I used to be pretty fit all through college and even in my first couple of years of work like. I would often hit the gym, play pickup basketball games, go hiking, and rock climb. However as work life has blossomed that has meant more responsibilities and longer hours. Also a new house that is further away means longer drives. Over the past year I have gotten up to 205 lbs as of my New Years weigh in. I have always been pretty skinny and athletic so the 200 mark was a crusher for me. Anyway, my wife and I made a pact to turn this thing around in 2012.

Now the present...

We joined one of those training camp gym type places and plan on going 3 times during the week and 1 time on the weekend. Also, we are trying to supplement with some sort of cardio throughout the week such as walking the dogs, riding bikes, or even playing disc golf as we have planned tomorrow.

In addition to working out, the hardest change for me is going to be nutrition. Like most of you on here, I love my burgers, wings, and mexican food. I've never had a liking for chicken unless it is fried. So Hopefully by changing both nutrition and fitness in my life we can see some drastic changes.

As you can see from my stat bar below I have lost 5lbs in 2 weeks of working out/eating right. My goal weight is 180. However, that number doesn't concern me as much as my body fat% does. I think I am hovering at about 21% right now and I would like to get it down to about 12%. The ultimate goal being the reemergence of my abs. If I can be in better shape in my first year of being 30 than I was in my upper 20's then that would be the best feeling.

Wish me luck,

Jesse