I give up

Options
I just can't seem to get past 215. I lose it, and then I go right back up to 220. I feel like weight loss is just going to evade me while in school. I can't keep a regular workout routine (and it it isn't a routine, I have a hard time doing it). I'm just so frustrated. :ohwell:

Replies

• GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    I just can't seem to get past 215. I lose it, and then I go right back up to 220. I feel like weight loss is just going to evade me while in school. I can't keep a regular workout routine (and it it isn't a routine, I have a hard time doing it). I'm just so frustrated. :ohwell:
  • laura27
    laura27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!! Dont give up!!!!
  • Jiggasb22
    Jiggasb22 Posts: 17
    Options
    Dont give up!! you can do it!:happy:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    If you give up now you will probably keep gaining. You can do this but it might not be easy and it won't be quick. But it will be worth it when you get to your goal.
    Don't give up:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    We've all been there, but the reward is worth fighting for. :smile:

Don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I know how frustrating is can be to feel like you are going no where! :heart:

Can you take some of the pressure off, and just vow to follow your calories, regardless of outcome, make healthy choices within those calories, and work out "when possible". I used to have an "all or nothing" attitude, but by chaning my thinking, I finally lost my weight. I took the slow route, followed my calories (whether I saw the scale moving or not!) and eventually, the weight comes off.

I know this is corny, but it's a marathon, not a sprint. Just follow the calories, and put it out of your mind, and the weight will come off.
    :flowerforyou:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    well what are you doing as far as working out goes? why not do something a simple as taking walks or simple cardio or strength training?

I always felt pressure from weight loss communities to push-push-piush, but if you start off doing simple stuff and then gradually add in more, maybe that would be more beneficial to you. Like start by saying "twice a week I'm going to do so and so..." get my drift?

and what's your diet like? if you aren't exercising, then are you being strict with your diet? the key to weight loss is something like 70% diet and 30% exercise.
  • heidivan
    heidivan Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been dieting and working out for two years, each time vowing it will be different i will commit. i lose a few pounds platou and gain it right back, plus some. My frineds and family though once encouraging feel like now im all talk, no action. Its not worth it to have to start all over again trust me, becuase you are going to, that goal in your head will never go away it will keep scratching at you if you do not feel happy at your weight. Good luck! Im in the same boat, but i swear this time is different, thsi time i am actually doing it for me!:happy:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!! it will come off and you will be so happy. Actually before I knew about this I used to be 215 and yoyoed up to 220. I made it to 210 finally. Stick with it
  • klreid
    klreid Posts: 1
    Options
    Walk two miles a day is a great workout. Tredmil or out side, give it a shot. It works great for me, and of course only take in 1500 calories a day:)
  • allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    Please don't give up!! I know how hard it can be with school and everything. If you want a motivation buddy let me know...I could use one myself :smile:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    :noway: Don't give up!!! Trust me you will have bumps on your way but stay focused on what you want to accomplish!!!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    no no no miss thing! no giving up! stick to it - you really are doing great. no quitters here! :heart:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, I am in the exact same boat when it comes to the scale going nowhere. Just honestly don't think about it. Don't think about 'wanting to be thin' just focus on today. Today you are going to stay within your calories. If you have time, you'll exercise. Think of it as the way you live. It eventually becomes a habit and you don't have to think about ANY of it.

I'm not losing, but I'm staying within my calories every day, which means I'm not going to gain weight and it means that eventually I will be thin. Isn't eventually better than never? :flowerforyou:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the replys, but I got stuck at 215 last year also - and was in the same situation as you are! I know how frustrating it is!! The only advice I can give is take a deep breath - be kind to yourself. Ease off a little bit for a couple of weeks, have a few treats. Take some easy strolls, maybe read a good book. Then evaluate where you are at, where you want to be, and make some additional changes. It worked pretty well for me. I didn't give up or stop, I just eased back for a while and took a little break. My body sat at 215 the whole time and I think adjusted to the new level and then when I amped back up I started losing consistantly again. My scale was off - I thought I was at 215, really I was at about 228. So now, today I am 210. I happens, sometimes we need a different approach - maybe if you don't want to ease off for a couple of weeks then you need to bite the bullet and ratchet it up a couple of notches. I like the way that worked for me - but then again it's taken me 10 years to lose about 100lbs so my method may not be for everyone!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • ness13hill
    ness13hill Posts: 114
    Options
    No Don't give up! I am in school also and am finding it extremly hard to do everything, work, school, get a work out in. I am walking on my breaks at work and going to the gym when I can, which is mostly on the weekends. The weight might not come off fast, but it is going to come off and you are going to feel SO much better about yourself. Please don't give up, we are all in the same boat at times. Keep at it!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    DO NOT QUIT! You'll be so mad at yourself. You need to try to change things up. Put variety into your exercises, calorie intake, food choices. Pick up a fitness magazine and read articles for motivation. See a Personal Trainer. DON"T GIVE UP!!! Get back the CONTROL!:flowerforyou: We're all here for you.
  • sapphire092170
    Options
    A wise person once told me..."there is no starting or stopping only DOING." That's what it takes...you have to do everything you can to get what you want in life. No one is going to hand it to you. Remember everything in life worth having takes HARD WORK and DEDICATION...
    You are worth the effort! (plus...if you give up now, you'll end up like me...I hit 299 pounds before I said enough was enough! (BTW currently 271.5 and working hard to get it off...NO, it's not easy...but I am DOING it!!!)

SO DO IT...stop letting those negative self defeating thoughts rule your existence! If you expect you will give up you will...but the same goes for the opposite..."IF YOU EXPECT YOU WILL SUCCEED--YOU WILL"

Put YOU FIRST...YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    Cheers:drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You can do this!

I know it get's frustrating! But don't give up. You are worth feeling GREAT!! :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Why give up you got 18lbs under your belt....boost your workout routine and challenge yourself its not gonna be easy trust me Im at the same weight....gotta keep pressing on and watch that sodium and late night eating.....this too shall pass and you will soon find yourself fighting the 199.9 mark....Fight if you think its worth it....Im sure you do:drinker: