off to a great start, now I cant get back on track

Options
I dont know whats wrong with me at the moment. :frown:

I started here in November and I was so motivated. I went to the gym 3 times a week, stuck rigorously to my calories and had no problem with it at all. I lost 5.5 lbs within 5 weeks. Then christmas came along and while I tried not to pig out when family was visiting, I had put all the weight back on when I checked the scale on 1st January this year.:sad:
Since then it seems impossible for me to get back on track. I started at 167 lbs. Now Im 166.5 lbs. :ohwell:

On sunday night I told myself, right thats it, from Monday morning on I am getting back on track. Rubbish! of course it didnt work. :angry:

So far today I had a hot chocolate form the cafe across the road, toast with Philadelphia cream cheese, a salad and heinz Ravioli for lunch and a 25g bag of baked crisps.

Cals: - 79
Carbs: 26
Saturated Fat: - 8 (!!!!) :noway:
Fat: - 23 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:
Sugar -35 !!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

what on earth! I dont get it.

In addition to that, I cant drag myself to the gym for the 6th week in a row now. :frown:

I really dont understand why I do that to myself. I keep looking in the mirror and I could burst into tears because I am so fat. I remember how slim and fit I was not too long ago and now I could be Jubba the Hut's sister. :sad:

I have given myself so much motivation, but nothing works. Whats up with me guys? :frown:

Replies

• Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    I dont know whats wrong with me at the moment. :frown:

I started here in November and I was so motivated. I went to the gym 3 times a week, stuck rigorously to my calories and had no problem with it at all. I lost 5.5 lbs within 5 weeks. Then christmas came along and while I tried not to pig out when family was visiting, I had put all the weight back on when I checked the scale on 1st January this year.:sad:
    Since then it seems impossible for me to get back on track. I started at 167 lbs. Now Im 166.5 lbs. :ohwell:

On sunday night I told myself, right thats it, from Monday morning on I am getting back on track. Rubbish! of course it didnt work. :angry:

So far today I had a hot chocolate form the cafe across the road, toast with Philadelphia cream cheese, a salad and heinz Ravioli for lunch and a 25g bag of baked crisps.

Cals: - 79
    Carbs: 26
    Saturated Fat: - 8 (!!!!) :noway:
    Fat: - 23 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:
    Sugar -35 !!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

what on earth! I dont get it.

In addition to that, I cant drag myself to the gym for the 6th week in a row now. :frown:

I really dont understand why I do that to myself. I keep looking in the mirror and I could burst into tears because I am so fat. I remember how slim and fit I was not too long ago and now I could be Jubba the Hut's sister. :sad:

I have given myself so much motivation, but nothing works. Whats up with me guys? :frown:
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    hmmm im kinda in the same dog gone rut :embarassed: i dont know i weigh about 160 went to 154 then after starting aerobics i weighed 160 today.........hoping maybe firming up instead i heard you gain a little while exercising....now...i did go from a tight 12 to a comfy 10 since i started on Jan 1st but im STILL miserable.............But dont give up........DRAG urself out for ANY exercise,...aerobics works for me, that s been 2 x's a week and then another day i walk at the track........tons of water i stood and looked at myself this morning, i dont see the scale budging but i think maybe its the inches .....???::sad:
  • Joanneh
    Joanneh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Hanna

I can totally understand where you are coming from, I often react like this myself. However the one thing that strikes me about your post, is that yourare getting angry at your actions as if it was someone else that was actually doing it and eating those things. You have to take responsiblity for what you do and what you eat and stop being helpless. I had to realise this myself too. I'm not a victim of weight gain, I am the creator!!

You have a choice - put something healthy in your bag in the morning instead of a tin of ravioli!! How about the ingredients for a turkey, lettuce and tomato sandwich on wholegrain bread, Easy.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Just buy those low fat sachets of hot choc if you like it so much. Remember you always have a choice and you and only you are responsible for what you weigh.