When meals don't go according to plan

Options
itsuki
itsuki Posts: 520 Member
Also know as "Panera is out to get me."

So I forgot my lunch at home today and I decided I would go to Panera for lunch. I figured I would get a cup (8oz) of broccoli and cheddar soup with a whole wheat baguette. 380 calories for lunch would fit right in with my daily meal plan (yeah, I know, lots of sodium - but it's been cold and raining all day and soup sounded so good!).

So I ordered and when they gave me the receipt I noticed they had charged me for a bowl (12oz). I brought the receipt back to up the cashier and he apologized, credited me, and re-did the order in the right size. And he didn't charge me for it- score! Free food!

So I go and pick up my now free food and put it it my car and drive back to work. When I open the bag up, they had still given me the large soup (12oz instead of 8oz, a 50% increase!) and had given me a double portion of the french baguette instead of a single portion of the wheat. My 380 calorie lunch had just become a 660 calorie lunch.

I know from their perspective they were just trying to be nice because of the mixup. I told myself I would just eat some of the soup and save half the bread for later, but it was too yummy and I ate it all. Extra time on the elliptical for me tonight, I guess!

One of my co-workers joked that free food has no calories. :laugh: If only that were true!

Anyone else have to deal with unexpected food?