Will I bulk up from shoveling snow?

Options
What's your opinion?

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Probably, because muscle weights more than snow.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I overheard my coworker say that her hair dresser got all bulked up from too much snow shoveling and now she looks like She-Hulk. So I would be careful.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the intensity of your shoveling and the density of the snow. ( rhymed) And if it's done on a repetitive basis. So I need more info before I can render my opinion!

Take Care~Rhonda
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I need to see your food diary before I can tell you. The amount of potassium you are ingesting has everything to do with shoveling-induced bulkification.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Yes, especially if you're using progressively larger shovels.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    If youre taking a protein supplement then yes; yes you will.
  • fesse02
    fesse02 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the intensity of your shoveling and the density of the snow. ( rhymed) And if it's done on a repetitive basis. So I need more info before I can render my opinion!

Take Care~Rhonda
    Oh it's intense an it's the heavy, slushy kind... Some spot are yellow in color tho!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Oh it's intense an it's the heavy, slushy kind... Some spot are yellow in color tho!
    The yellow snow is heavy in potassium! Watch out!
  • Legalchica
    Options
    hahahaha I love you guys..
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Depends on if it is a wet and heavy or light a fluffy snow. But I would be careful either way. Just the repetitive motion from shoveling can cause specific muscle groups to work more than others. This could causing uneven toning and muscle bulk to build up forcing you to do unnecessary workouts to even things out.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

But does it have more calories?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think you have your cause and effect reversed. You would bulk up in order to shovel snow. --rml_16
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I spent the last 5 minutes laughing. How many calories do you think I have burned? How should I log this? And did I spot reduce my behind?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    How much does your purse weight?
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    But does it have more calories?
    I have a friend that is a scientist. I'll ask her.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I thought the yellow snow was HCG?
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Use a smaller shovel with more reps and you'll just tone up. Bigger shovel, you'll bulk up like a powerlifter.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I am green and I am incredible... JK We’ve had record breaking snow fall this year; I haven’t noticed any extra “bulk” per se
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I thought the yellow snow was HCG?
    it could have some HCG. Dip a pregnancy test stick into the yellow snow, and wait for the results. If it's positive, then :drinker: !