Fat clothes

Options
How many of you kept one or two pieces of "Fat clothes?" I thought about doing this but my past has been that I try to keep one or two items but then I always gained the weight back and had something to fall back on. I guess I will have to stick to old pics. I don't want to have anything to fall back on.

Replies

• Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    I keep all my clothes. Reminds me to never go back
  • Malani2010
    Options

I agree that is how it should be. I just hate that for me I see it as "Oh I can eat all that pizza and I still have clothes to wear" I figure that if I don't have it then it forces me to keep on this path. Is that crazy?
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    I tossed all of them, had to make room for all the new stuff!!
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I got bags of nice clothes from my friend when she lost her weight. I plan on passing them down once I lose my weight! ;)
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    I kept them for a year because I was scared of gaining it back. I've just finished packing them up to donate them to goodwill. Maybe I'll keep one pair of pants for that motivating gap that we see in the Success pictures.
  • greenpollywawg
    Options
    Yeah, I too have to get rid of my clothes as I go, otherwise I "have something to fall back on" should I start to faulter.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I dontated all mine. I also didnt want to have anything to go back to
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Get rid of them.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Mine all went to the Salvation Army last month. There is no option to go back.
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    I started a pile in the spare room that has been growing exponentially. Yikes. I was hoping to keep them until I get to goal weight and then donate. I might need one of those "holy crap! I used to be this size" pictures too.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options

I agree that is how it should be. I just hate that for me I see it as "Oh I can eat all that pizza and I still have clothes to wear" I figure that if I don't have it then it forces me to keep on this path. Is that crazy?

Not at all most people like to get rid of the clothes makes them feel better.
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When I was my heaviest a few years ago I kept one shirt and one pair of pants just so I could have something to compare. When I lose this go around I'm getting rid of everything! I don't want the temptation to come back to this weight! I'll be making a trip to Goodwill... hopefully sooner than later! :)
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I lost 45# and donated them. I hated them. No way I'm allowing myself even the thought of going back. No way!!!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I donated all but 1 pair of pants. It's an awesome feeling comparing those old pants to the new ones!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    How many of you kept one or two pieces of "Fat clothes?" I thought about doing this but my past has been that I try to keep one or two items but then I always gained the weight back and had something to fall back on. I guess I will have to stick to old pics. I don't want to have anything to fall back on.
    No, I toss it all out the instant I can.

I wish I had kept some now.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Donated or chucked. Some of these would listerally be dopuble my size now. No way I am every going back there. Plus the clothes were fugly
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I kept my fat wardrobe because I've yo-yoed for many years now. If I hadn't kept my old clothes at some points during my life, it would have left me with nothing to wear. I didn't need to spend money on a bunch of new fat clothes and be MORE depressed because of it. I do not plan on throwing mine out until I've maintained for a few years.
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When I went from a 14/16 down to a 10 I got rid of the 14 & 16s but kept the 12s. Once the 12s were straining it was time to get back on track and get back into those 10s. I swore I would never ever buy a 14 again. I had a girlfriend that lost about 100 pounds over a year and was still losing - she got bags and bags of 14s and 16s.
  • taramhouston
    taramhouston Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    After reaching my goal I gave away/donated all of my old clothes (except for one pair of pants to use as a comparison) on purpose so that I would have to maintain my new weight. If I only have my new smaller clothes then I can't gain weight or I'll have nothing to wear!
  • thejackswild79
    Options
    When I yo-yo'd I kept them. This time around I decided I wasn't going back to a size 24 and donated them, either to local organizations or to friends/family.

I learned there was an entire network of professional apparel from size 16 to 20 being shifted between the women in my office. It was great because I went through a couple months where I might only wear an outfit once before it was too big but someone else was able to make great use of it and I was able to save a lot of money by acquiring outfits from others that would then be used by others as they needed it. Even better, it meant that I didn't have to keep the safety size around AND there was a certain amount of motivation found in either the celebration of needed the next size down or the self imposed humiliation on my part of asking for the next size up. I had been here for 5 years and had no clue. Great resource, great motivation!