why did I do this?

Options
So yesterday I was eating vegetables all day... and doing really well on Calories!

My fiance wanted to go out to dinner last night and I aggreed...

for appetizers I had 3 potstickers... didn't sound so bad to me...

I wish I had entered in what I was going to eat before, because I didn't realize how many calories it had

3 TINY POT STICKERS HAVE 1500 CALORIES!!!

holy crap! that's more than I'm supposed to eat in a whole day...
to top that, I have one of my wedding dress fittings today, and I can't switch it because my mom is flying in from out of town to be there... needless to say I feel like crap right now! :grumble:

Replies

• snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I was eating vegetables all day... and doing really well on Calories!

I wish I had entered in what I was going to eat before, because I didn't realize how many calories it had

to top that, I have one of my wedding dress fittings today, and I can't switch it because my mom is flying in from out of town to be there... needless to say I feel like crap right now! :grumble:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Is that all you had? Just the 3 pot stickers???

Water..water..water today. :flowerforyou:
  • snowbune27
    Options
    no, I still had my meal (but those calories were a normal amount that I usually have for dinner)

I need water like I've never needed it before- I am soooo thirsty! I've been drinking and drinking and drinking and can't quench my thirst! I think for today they need to install the restroom right next to my desk.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    no, I still had my meal (but those calories were a normal amount that I usually have for dinner)

I need water like I've never needed it before- I am soooo thirsty! I've been drinking and drinking and drinking and can't quench my thirst! I think for today they need to install the restroom right next to my desk.

Been there! :laugh: You'll be fine. A little shot of apple cider vinegar will help you flush out some of the extra sodium too.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    WATER! Try not to worry. Just learn your lesson & only have one next time. :flowerforyou:

*note to self - don't eat the potsticker! Yowzers!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    That cal count sounds too high for 3 potstickers, even if they were deep fried which I'm guessing they were.

Nothing you can do about it now anyway, consider it a learning experience and move on.
    We all really do have to accept that when eating out there is no choice as good as the one you make at home. When you choose to eat out, understand that no matter what you order, your calories are going to be higher than usual for that meal.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

get in some good cardio and count it as a lesson learned
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

Ditto GOOD ADVICE !! WORK IT OFF!

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

Ditto Good advice lady !!WORK IT OFF!!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Been there! :laugh: You'll be fine. A little shot of apple cider vinegar will help you flush out some of the extra sodium too.
    [/quote]

Really??? I never knew that...Hmm will have to try! :noway:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Those cals sound way too high for potstickers, I eat the Ling Ling chicken and vegetable pot stickers pretty often and they're only 260 cals for 5. Are you sure the nutritional data you have is right?
  • snowbune27
    Options
    Thank you everyone...
    I will have to spend longer in the gym (I hate sweating... it's really not the working out I don't like, it's the sweating). :laugh:

and yes, I will try this apple cider vinegar suggestion- I do happen to have some at home.:glasses:
  • snowbune27
    Options
    Those cals sound way too high for potstickers, I eat the Ling Ling chicken and vegetable pot stickers pretty often and they're only 260 cals for 5. Are you sure the nutritional data you have is right?

I searched it on this website... the fridays potstickers... unless whoever entered it into mfp was wrong... *crossing fingers*
  • charliesgold
    Options
    I just looked at the database and it says 500cals for one pot sticker, comparing it to other info I found it should be 500 cals for one serving not for one potsticker!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone...
    I will have to spend longer in the gym (I hate sweating... it's really not the working out I don't like, it's the sweating). :laugh:

and yes, I will try this apple cider vinegar suggestion- I do happen to have some at home.:glasses:

I don't like sweating either:laugh: I try to exercise before I take a shower so I won't have to wash my hair again... what a pain:happy:
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I thank you for this post! I will not be eating potstickers any time in the near future. Wow. How unfair is THAT? Seriously! I mean, why would someone make something that doesn't have chocolate in it be 500 calories each?

It would probably have stumped the majority of us....forgive yourself and move on. It's truly okay. :flowerforyou:
  • atodaro
    atodaro Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I looked on line at several recipes. I saw lots of recipes that were only about 40 calories per dumpling. The most conservative I found was 66 calories per dumpling with 34 from fat. So unless you really drenched them in sugarly sauce, (most recipes assume some sauce) even 500 calories is a high estimate. Bet the dress is gorgeous!
  • charliesgold
    Options
    The database has been updated - the numbers in there were for one order, not one potsticker :)
  • snowbune27
    Options
    The database has been updated - the numbers in there were for one order, not one potsticker :)

yay!!! how did you find that info? I looked everywhere!
  • charliesgold
    Options
    I Googled :happy: I found about five different weight loss communities that had the nutritional info for the TGIF pot stickers and the consensus was the same for every site but MFP :)