My first motivation!

Options
Last night I went to my friends house, she doesn't live too far from me at all, and I always walk back.
For as long as I can remember, I have had a problem with my face sweating a lot when I walk, even when I don't feel I have done much exercise. I don't sweat anywhere else, just my face, and it can get very embarrassing!

So, last night, I set off to walk home, it is an uphill journey and usually takes me around 20 minutes, I was around halfway home when I checked the time on my phone and realised it had only been 5 minutes.

Anyway, long story short, I got home in just over 10 minutes, with not a drop of sweat on my face, feeling like I could have done it ten times over :)

The exercise is finally paying off, I may not have lost too much weight recently, but I've clearly got fitter! :D

Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    That is great, NSVs are ace when they sneak up on you like that :)
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That's great!

I'm starting to experience similar fitness moments. It's nice!

Congrats!
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    that is awesome, if you have a smart phone get something like sportypal and it will record your walks and time it give you speeds etc so you can see yourself getting better too
  • dalejackson
    Options
    that is awesome, if you have a smart phone get something like sportypal and it will record your walks and time it give you speeds etc so you can see yourself getting better too

Agree. Nike+ or RunKeeper are good ones. Nike+ allows you to post your walks to Facebook and your friends can cheer you on while you are en route. You'll get a cheering crowd noise in your headphones during your workout, which is a fun motivation! It's cool to keep track of progress too. :happy:
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I'll have a look for one of these apps now, thanks for the advice! :)