Need chicken breast meal ideas!!

Options
Ive got about 6 lbs of chicken breast in my freezer. I need healthy meal ideas to use it up. I prefer to use the oven or crockpot.

Replies

• jazzguy4him
    Options
    Pulled BBQ chicken.

-Place chix in the crockpot, season with mckormicks BBQ seasoning, place small amount of sauce in crockpot (just for wetness)

-Cook on low 6-8 hours, shred chicken with forks

-Add a bit more sauce to crockpot and cook 30 mins

-Serve on whole wheat buns, or if you're like me, just in a heap on the plate... no carbs from bread that way

Freezes great too!
  • ChangingJosh
    ChangingJosh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken...

Take your chicken breast and put some delicious lemon pepper spice on it
    grill...

done! Enjoy!! :D My favorite way to eat Chicken and it's sooooo easy haha
  • frohnk
    frohnk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is Mango Chicken. Chicken breast, mango, cilantro, red onion and garlic... mmmmm! You can cook the chicken breasts in a skillet with apple juice or light chicken broth to reduce calories (no butter or oil). Add a little cornstarch slurry at the end to thicken the sauce and serve over rice.

This is the recipe that I use... but I would bet you could alter it and do it in a crockpot. I would just wait to add the mango and cilantro until the last hour of cooking (or less) as it may get mushy.

Ingredients:
    Rice (cooked)
    1 lb boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1/2 inch strips)
    2/3 cup chicken broth
    1/3 cup chili sauce
    1/4 cup lime juice
    1 red onion (sliced)
    1 mango (cut into 1 inch chunks)
    2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1 1/2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbs water
    2 tbs olive oil
    3/4 tsp salt
    3 tbs peanuts (coarsely chopped)

Directions:
    In skillet, heat oil until hot and add garlic and onion, stir fry until onion is crisp tender (~3 min). Add the chicken and stir fry until lightly browned (~4 min). Add and bring to a boil the broth, chili sauce, lime juice, ginger and salt, then add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened (~1 min). Add the mango and cook just until the chicken is cooked through (~1 min). Serve over rice and garnish with peanuts.
  • kimmerkay
    kimmerkay Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm a skillet person..I'm making chicken tonight, with zucchini, onion and green pepper... adding a little Philadelphia cooking creme to make a sauce and putting small amount of pasta.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    :bigsmile: Someone just posted a recipe for Salsa Chicken. I have never made it, but it sounds so yummy.
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Put your chicken in the crockpot with a can of Italian seasoned tomatoes and cook on low about 6 hours or so.
  • frohnk
    frohnk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Another of my favorites (and VERY EASY) is what we call Bloody Mary Chicken. We put the chicken breasts in the crock pot with some celery and green onions then cover it with our favorite bloody mary mix (like a bold and spicy) and cook until chicken falls apart. We serve it over rice.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Old el paso crispy chicken seasoning. I was surprised this was low cal, low carb and it's tasty like chicken nuggets. Also I don't have to do much work. =)
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i have that cooking in the crockpot right now
    :bigsmile: Someone just posted a recipe for Salsa Chicken. I have never made it, but it sounds so yummy.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I cook my chicken breast in a skillet...season how you like (I have emerils chicken rub which is yummy)...use water to cook it in. I just add 1/3 cup every once in a while..keeps it moist and no calories since no butter. :) Serve with some veggies (broccoli, green beans, or salad)

You can also put it in the crockpot with mushrooms, onions, italian dressing (fat free), tomatoes...then shred and mix back with sauce. Fix with brown rice or wheat pasta, or quinoa, or couscous...choices are wide!
  • velvetss24
    velvetss24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMG Chicken is so versital.

You can marinate it and grill it. I use lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper, crushed red pepper and a few dashes of tabasco. Let it marinate for a few hours at least if not over night. Then either bake or grill on the George Foreman. Then I use it for many things at it to a green salad, with black beans, some low fat cheese, salsa, low fat sour cream. Or a green salad with the shredded chicken and your favorite dressing, some crazins.

You can make all kinds of soup with chicken.

Chicken Fajitas

Chicken is the bomb
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This! You will not be disappointed.
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    I just made a yummy chicken tortilla soup that was low fat and low carb. You make it in a crock pot.

3 raw boneless skinles chicken breasts
    1 - 15oz can diced tomatoes
    1 - 10oz can enchilada sauce
    1 medium onion chopped
    1 -4oz can chopped greeen chile peppers
    3 cloves garlic minced
    2 cups water
    1 -14.5oz can 99% fat free chicken broth
    1 tbsp cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1 bay leaf
    1 - 10oz package frozen corn
    1 tbsp chopped cilantro

Combine in crockpot and cook on high 4-6 hours or low 6-8 hours. Remove chicken from soup and shred. Return to soup and serve. You can add some cayenne if you like your food more spicy.

It turned out great and has 89 calories for 1/8 of recipe.
  • dgharris573
    Options
    Here's an easy one I tried recently and loved. Brush skinless boneless chicken breasts with a little fat free/ low calorie Italian or vinagrette type salad dressing. Sprinkle both sides with Italian seasonings and a little pepper (Tastefully Simple Italian seasoning is amazing on this). Broil 5 minutes or so, turn and broil another 5 minutes or so, add sliced tomatoes and a little feta cheese to each breast and broil 3 or 4 minutes more. Delicious, easy and quick. I am not a huge fan of tomatoes but they taste great under the broiler.
  • roxannecoleman
    roxannecoleman Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i have that cooking in the crockpot right now

i make this and serve it with a little shredded cheese on top and light sour cream. YUM!
  • jessicahelene
    jessicahelene Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This! You will not be disappointed.

Seriously. I do the Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken pretty regularly. She has some other ones too. I've made probably 30 of her recipes and they have all been fantastic.
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wanchai Ferry!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    kabobs!!!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    1 jar of sugar free marmalade or apricot preserves
    1 bottle fat free Catalina Dressing (or French dressing)
    1 package of dried onion soup

Mix those three ingredients together

pour over chicken and cook in a crock pot or in the oven.

Orange chicken! :) Great served over brown rice