Working out when sick?

Options
So, do you work out when you're sick with, say, a cold or something?
I currently have a bit of a cold, and did not work out yesterday or today. I feel like it would be counterproductive (not sure if that's the right word) to overwork my body exercising when it's already working hard enough to to fight this cold. Not to mention the fact that I have absolutely no energy to work out.
What are your thoughts?

Replies

• samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    No one has any opinions on this? Hmm.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I did workout this week because I had a cold and pain in my lower back. Normally I'll do a little something but I just couldn't this week.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    If I just have a cold, I find I feel better after a work out, however I don't work out for as long, so maybe just half hour!
  • SwingMamma
    SwingMamma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have had severe a severe sinus infection and bronchitis since Thanksgiving day. I did try to get in a low-impact cardio workout on the days I feel ok but now my asthma has kicked in BIG TIME so working out is not an option. I figure I've got to be burning at least SOME calories from coughing non-stop, lol. I am now on my 4th round of antibiotics and 3rd round of steroids (for my lungs). I'm trying to stay positive that I haven't gained anything (the steroids always make me gain) and just praying that I can get back to my routine soon. Hope you feel better and just listen to your body, it will let you know if you are up for a workout!
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    i workout when i have a cold bc i feel better the only time i wont workout is if i get a fever BUT i only workout at home when sick
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It depends on how sick. A Cold I will but if I'm achy sick I won't
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    I would save your energy for recovery.