Any good fitness related Xbox 360 games?

Options
ls_66
ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
I can't join a gym for several reasons so I'm thinking about getting something for the Xbox 360 to help me workout at home

Replies

• tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I've tried some dancing type games in the store and I always feel a little silly doing it. I kinda like the Wii Fit but it gets old after a while.

Also, I prefer to pop in a DVD or watch something off Netflix while I'm on a stationary bike. It makes the time pass faster. If I can get through all 6 seasons of the Sopranos, I'll be RIPPED! DVR also helps.
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have Biggest Loser and I love it! I have tried all of the dancing games, they can be fun!
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    saw that the biggest loser can be downloaded as a demo will give it a try tomorrow
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I really want to get a kinect for the dancing games. I am going to wear my HRM to see how many calories I burn when I do get one. The Black Eyed Peas dance video looks fun. OK I am ashamed to admit that LOL
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have the Kinect and I swear playing any of those games breaks me out in a sweat!!! But I have gamefly and I just got the UFC trainer (train like mixed martial artists) and the Your shape (older one). I haven't tried them, but sounds like fun. I have the Zumba game for the wii and it's fun!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You know you have to have Kinect for these right?? Just making sure :-)

I get my heart rate going playing Fruit Ninja and even the Adventures game.
  • laurenfayecarter
    laurenfayecarter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I go on the kinect all the time, I have a few dance games, zumba,canival type games with loads of different mini games and my new favorite 'puss in boots' I cant work out wether I am either really unfit, or wether its just really good exercise, because I sweat like mad and I am always achey the next day!

I put a Xbox kinect session on my tracker ase 'Dancing' as I dont know what else to call it, or no idea how many calories i am using any ideas? x
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My wife and I play Just Dance 2 every once and a while and boy is it a workout!
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have UFC and the missus has Zumba.

...and I actually enjoy the Zumba more. UFC is very slow moving, great for core exercises and alot of stretching, but gets dull quickly.. If you want to get the heart pumping and never be bored then do the Zumba.

This is coming from a 230lb former rugby player! I make sure I draw all the curtains when I do it!
  • KAbena
    KAbena Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do kinect adventures (reflex ridge) and burn a lot going through each one. Whilst the games load I do jumping jacks & stuff. For example, last night I played kinect adventures/kinect sports (beach volleyball) for an hr and burnt 600 cals (according to my HRM).

Zumba is good too - I really want to try Your Shape, and maybe The Biggest Loser now seeing as everyone is recommending it!
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    I've got Zumba & Dance Central for Kinect I enjoy both and I do feel like I've worked out after doing Zumba. Even Kinect Adventures made my legs ache the next day!!
    I did have Your Shape as well, but the disc has started playing up and it won't load now. So we've ordered Your Shape 2012, hopefully that will arrive today.
  • Geraldine87
    Options
    Your shape is really good, it counts the calories your burning off as you work, which I find a great motivation, it also makes it easier when it comes to logging! There is a new one out which i'm hoping to buy soon :happy:
  • CupcakeHips
    Options
    If you have a 360, invest in a Kinect. They are fab! I have that Zumba game and there are adventure games for it too, really get your heart pumping :)
  • britesideoflife
    britesideoflife Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just postedon another thread about this topic :-) Excuse my laziness as I copy & paste :-))

I use Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 on Kinect - I absolutely love it.

I love the cardio-boxing modules and always end with a zen or yoga workout. I really like how you can 'build' up your own workout depending on your mood or what body part you want to work, i.e. cardio followed by abs or do a class like bootcamp followed by toning etc etc.

I do have some minor complaints - I wear a HRM when exercising and find that my actual calories burnt are MUCH (like 20x) what the Kinect tells me. I also find some of the routines a little monotonous, especially for the 20 minute or longer workouts.

I also have Dance Central but can't seem to get into it...I thought I would love it but I never seem to work up a sweat. Maybe I am just completely unco-ordinated ;-)

I was keen to get the UFC Personal Trainer, so was interested to read tanksquire's review.
  • angevee
    angevee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been using Biggest Loser on Kinect for almost two weeks. I have cut out all of the rubbish I was eating and am currently doing five hours of moderate exercise a week on the game. I have lost almost a stone (it's my weigh in tomorrow, but I had a sneaky peek this morning) and an inch off of both my waist and hips. IMO it's worth a go. :)
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I love playing on the kinect. I had the zumba game, and didn't like it personally, I'm getting the new one next month, but it was definitely a work out. I also like the new Dance Central (D2), it has an option where you can create a list and just dance through the list with no break, it's great for building up a sweat. Also kinect sports is good to work out some of your muscles, the volley ball, boxing and some of the mini games are super fun. My family likes the track games, but they kill me and you've gotta keep your knees high, but they're a good workout.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Kinect. Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 is pretty fabulous. Lots of different workout options and the tracking is way better than the old version. Calories burned seems really low so I always use an HRM.

I really enjoy Kinect Sports (both of them) and Dance Central (both of them) too.

Truly the best health/fitness investment I've ever made.
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    I love, love, love Kinect. Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 is pretty fabulous. Lots of different workout options and the tracking is way better than the old version. Calories burned seems really low so I always use an HRM.

My copy arrived this morning :smile: Just had a go on it & so far like it a lot more than the old one. There seems to be a lot more variety, I had a quick go on the African & Bollywood dancing and the Heart work out. I will be buying a HRM to use with it as I thought the calories burned seemed low - but I could just be that unfit :tongue:
  • FrauNic
    FrauNic Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Also copy and past form the other thread

I'm doing the Biggest Loser. It's fun and I really feel it during and after the workout. I think the Shape one is quite similar. The nice thing with the Biggest Loser is, that you have challanges, daily activities, tips and much more. Once a week you have your weigh in and you can vote people out. As exersise you can do the Box- Ciruit training or Yoga, but it also has a range of different exercises so you can put your own regimen together.

I bought the Dance Central 2 and EA Sports Active 2. Hope they arrive soon.

How much difference is there with the HRM.? I always think that it is a bit low. 20 min of sweating nearly as much as walking for the same amount of time... NOT!
  • laurenfayecarter
    laurenfayecarter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    any new goddies for 2013????