What is in your dinner rotation?

Options
DizzieLittleLifter
DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
What dinners are in your regular dinner rotation? I Don't need recipes per se, just looking for ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Steak, chicken breasts, chicken drumsticks, pork, shepherd's pie, homemade pita pizza, shrimp soup.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Homemade curry lentil soup

Falafel (pita, salad, "burger)

"fried" sesame ginger broccoli slaw with cous cous

Omelettes

Dr. Praegar's veggie burgers

Anything with fresh mozzarella, basil and sundried tomatoes lately

Black bean and sweet potato burritos

Sesame ginger or garlicky kale with roasted veggies
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    tacos el carbon, chicken larb, salmon rice bowl w/ seaweed

we pretty much eat these 3 dinners every week and the other nights we switch up what we eat lol but these are staples
  • Byn73
    Byn73 Posts: 20
    Options
    Stir fry veggies! They go with any meat :smile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    stir fry (good with steak, chicken or shrimp), fajitas (chicken or steak), crockpot stews, chili, pork chops with asparagus,
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    prawn or chicken stir fry
    steak with quinoa pilaff
    lamb steaks and cheesy leeks
    bean and chorizo stew
    fish parcels
    poached chicken and sweet potato mash
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Well, I've got a pretty active job. Coming home and exercising AND cooking? No thanks. i go for easier options that are sometimes higher in sodium but I eat really well the rest of the day so that I have room.

Instead of buying frozen veggies (and add even more sodium to my diet) or having to prepare to cook the fresh each time I buy ziplock steamer bags and buy a ton of veggies to prepare all at once (like shredded carrot, sliced mushroom, zucchini, bell pepper, snap peas) and i'll put them int he steamer bags, then in a freezer bag so that I can freeze them, grab one out and stick it in the microwave. I'm a big fan of hormel's heat and serve meats for when i'm REALLY lazy and tired but I usually cook tilapia or chicken with the occasional ground turkey as a protein and a few times a week or more i'll have a whole wheat pasta, whole grain couscous, brown rice to go with everything. Sometimes I'll cook a bunch of chicken and store it in serving sizes in the freezer also. I love defrosting/heating to eat. So easy :o)
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    We combine pasta, broccoli, and chicken sausage with a light alfredo sauce. My kids love this. I'm still getting back into the swing of things so dinners are the hardest for me. Tonight we are having breakfast for dinner. Hashbrowns, eggs, and canadian bacon with some fruit for dessert. I love soups so sometimes I just have that. I like the Campbells Healthy Select tomato with basil. Yummm!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I stay somewhat busy and don't always want to come home at 7 at cook a dinner that takes a lot of effort. My quick go to meals have been:

Rotisserie Chicken from the grocery store (I don't eat the skin)
    Pita Pizza (super easy)
    Pre-Cooked Shrimp
    Baked Potatoes

These things are always paired with some sort of salad.