I wanna hear

Options
I wanna hear about success storys from Single Moms who work full time. Tell me what worked for you!

Okay....go....

Replies

• erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom working an 8-5 job with an active 7 year old daughter. I haven't been doing this long... I started last Tuesday, but I weighed in this morning and have lost 5.4 lbs... so obviously I'm doing something right. :)
    Anyways, I do the 30 Day Shred first thing in the morning when I wake up. I keep an eye on my calories with the food diary on MFP and then 4-5 nights a week I'm walking.

Hopefully this helps you in some way! I guess everyone finds what works best for them. Best wishes!

~Erin
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed in for a while, so I'm not totally sure it's a real success story. But I have two little ones (elementary age) who are awesome kids. I had trouble fitting exercise into my day, between work, hauling kids to scouts, sports, etc. I was exhausted by the time they went to bed. I joined a gym that we've been to about six times in three months. Not because of laziness or a lack of desire-- it's the reality of our lives. I needed to find a way to take care of myself without making the kids give up activities that they love.

This week I got up three days early and went downstairs and did the Wii Zumba. Broke a huge sweat before 6 am! haha

On those days, my kiddos know that they need to get their own breakfasts and get themselves ready for school. They totally rose to it, and have made me so proud. They are in the car ready to go when I come dashing down.

So it's a success, I suppose, even if my numbers don't reflect it, because I'm burinng calories, building stamina, and just MOVING. At the time of the day when I have the energy to do it.
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed in for a while, so I'm not totally sure it's a real success story. But I have two little ones (elementary age) who are awesome kids. I had trouble fitting exercise into my day, between work, hauling kids to scouts, sports, etc. I was exhausted by the time they went to bed. I joined a gym that we've been to about six times in three months. Not because of laziness or a lack of desire-- it's the reality of our lives. I needed to find a way to take care of myself without making the kids give up activities that they love.

This week I got up three days early and went downstairs and did the Wii Zumba. Broke a huge sweat before 6 am! haha

On those days, my kiddos know that they need to get their own breakfasts and get themselves ready for school. They totally rose to it, and have made me so proud. They are in the car ready to go when I come dashing down.

So it's a success, I suppose, even if my numbers don't reflect it, because I'm burinng calories, building stamina, and just MOVING. At the time of the day when I have the energy to do it.

What a great story!! I would definitely say that's a success!! Congrats on finding time for you! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!