Motivation

Options
hi all.

This is my first time posting here

I am struggling for motivation right now.

I'm a very active girl who is overweight. I've decided that 2012 is the year i get back to a reasonable size (ie not fat).

For the last 2 weeks, i've changed quite a bit in my diet and exercise routine:
I've gone from drinking almost every night of the week to only drinking on saturdays (and reduced my intake on saturdays dramatically)
I've dramatically reduced the amount of chocolate i eat (only once a week, down from every day)
I eat less calories than i use to
I exercise 6 days a week, and play netball 2 times a week on top of that
I've kept to my calorie goals for every day as and veen under!

Yet when i weighed myself yesterday, i have't lost a single gram!!!!

What am i doing wrong??

It's hard to he motivated when i'm not seeing results...

Replies

• sunnyd52
    Options
    sounds like you're doing all the right things. Stick with it and give it time. It will happen :flowerforyou:
  • hollyhouze
    Options
    hi iam holly u are doing great.dont worry so much about what the scale says look at how u feel and how your clothes fit.i have lost 30 pounds in about 8 months the scale did not show anything with me until about 1 month dont give up that is everyones mistake it took time to put it on it will take longer to take it off.if your doing everything right u will see results just be patient good luck i will pray for u much love holly!!!!
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You should probably open your diary so we can see what you are eating.

You may be doing nothing wrong. Over time you will see results. It's a slow process but it works.

Some things to consider:

Are you under-eating (some call it starvation mode)?

Hopefully you are eating the exercise calories you earn.

If you are doing strength training as part of your exercise routine, you could be gaining muscle mass while losing fat, and not seeing the progress because the scale stays the same. You could have your body fat percentage checked.
  • 4hotmama
    4hotmama Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It is very unmotivating not seeing the scale move, but push on it will come. First off no one can really tell unless u open your diary- notice I have not opened mine yet- anyway besides that, if you search the OLIVIA method on here, maybe it will help; basically it is just a different way of looking at your numbers at the end of the day. I have lost a total of 61 lb so far, some b4 MFP, but there were many weeks I did not see the scale budge, keep working it will come. Looking back I think that maybe I was not eating enough calories for the amount that I was burning with my exercise program, goin hard 6-7 days a week, I have cut down in exercise somewhat since I have gotten nearer to my goal. Alls I can say,check your sodium levels, maybe up your water intake, check out your carbs- make sure they are not to high, bump up your protein and keeping burning, it will come:)

Also maybe your are eating more calories then ya think- I measure EVERYTHING, and when I decide I need to drink or go out, I make sure I burn extra that day to make up for it. Or if you are using machines to calculate your burns and not an HRM or bodybug, the mahine could be overestimating.
  • 4hotmama
    Options
    sorry machine- LOL
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    HoW do i open up my diary?? Totally happy to show what i'm eating - all the feedback i can get will help!!

As for calories consumed while exercising, i use a heart rate monitor to track it, so i try to match calories in the cardio options closest to that.

Also, i find during the day i get headachey and hungry very quickly :-(
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem although I was doing everything right! It is just getting your body to go along. It will. It just needs time to be coerced. Keep up the good work. It is very discouraging to not see results in the first week or two. This was when I would quit. However this time I did NOT quit I powered through, depressed as I was with my weight loss and that was the answer. Ingore the scale, just keep doing what you know to do and IT WILL HAPPEN! = D
  • 4hotmama
    Options
    Go to settings, then click diary settings and scroll down to diary sharing and change to what you want. If your are getting more hungry early in the day- fill up on protein , it keeps you fuller longer- I noticed once I cut out pastas and potatoes, breads (I only eat very seldom) and started watching my protein it helped and also fill up on veggies- low cal but you can eat alot of them.
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've just made my diary pulic!!

And i'll try to eat more protien in the morning! Any suggestions??
  • djr140
    djr140 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water...water is the key! Your body holds on to water more when it is building muscle, change in diet, etc. Be sure to drink plenty of water!! Don't give up..you didn't gain the weight is 6 days..and you won't lose it that quick!!!
  • jimmynorton24
    Options
    patients, persistence and descipline will take you there.... scales are a bad way to determin your success.... try on some cloths that are a bit tight and measure your success against how those cloths become loose....there are so many factors that influence your weight on a day by day basis its an unfair measure for your self...stay strong and motivated and you will have you success!!!
  • nicolinski
    Options
    that sucks! def find a piece of clothing as jimmynorton24 is saying, or get a tape measure out and measure your calves, thighs, hips, butt, waist, bust, arms, neck etc... measuring some sort of a change is motivating me. stick with it!! the results will come and your discipline will pay off! :smile: