wanna be athletic- not skinny

Options
So... I want to be athletic and still sort of curvy, not skinny..i want to be muscular, not skinny ..i can't reiterate the "NOT SKINNY" enough..i dont wanna cardio my butt away or cardio my breasts away.. I already do a lot of strength training, but I'm looking for real suggestions on how I can continue on my journey while ensuring that I do not just get skinny... My diary is public, I'm willing to make changes... I just ordered Insanity and am looking forward to beginning that. Please help! Right now I'm at about 140, 5 ft 3 in. and am about 23% body fat

Replies

• careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    As long as you are strength training and challenging your muscles, I don't think you will get "skinny". I am the same way, I prefer muscle. I feel I look great with muscle - especially since I was once that way before my kids. My husband is a body builder so his mindset rubs off on me. :happy: One magazine that I love and motivates me is Oxygen. If you haven't looked at it, I suggest checking it out.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Try turbo fire, or PX90. Also there are plenty of books on women and strength training. My favorite is The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess by Lou Schuler.

I've lost 129 lbs and want to tone and shape. I want muscle not bones, so I understand where you're at.
  • mbar12
    mbar12 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I kind of had the same concerns. I lost down to 179 about 3 years ago and was not skinny... looked good. The people at the gym say that to have the right percentage body fat I should get down to 150, which is fine if I'm not skin and bones. I am doing some weight training as well, so I am thinking that perhaps if I build muscle, I will be heavier than 150 when my body fat comes within the right percentage. I am 5'8". Anyone have any ideas on that?