Triathlete/Enurance Athlete with open food logs!

Options
I would be interested in friending any endurance athlete or triathletes with open food journals. I could always use the motivation and extra food ideas!
Anyone? :)

Replies

• pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I sort of fit that.

I'm currently trying to get down to a mid-range BMI so that I'm carrying less during events. I've gone from around 170 down to 150 with about 5 to go. I might go a little further, but only after I hold at 145 for a bit.

I'm 5'8" and will be right at the mid-range of my BMI at 145.

Currently I'm on a net 1000 diet and I eat back ALL of my exercise calories, so on any given day, I might be consuming anywher from 1200 calories (rest day) to 2400 calories on a big workout day. (On rest days I can't hit 1000 calories - man's gotta eat! - not a good idea anyhow)

My diet is what I would consider good but not excellent. I eat meat - I will indulge in sweets from time to time. I avoid 'bad' fats, I avoid overly processed foods, I try to eat as much fresh vegetables as I can & will eat fresh fruits and berries almost daily.

Once I hit my goal (which will be in just a few weeks I hope), I plan to go back to maintenance (~1500 calories) and will begin working on taking in about 75% of my exercise calories WHILE I'm working out. I too am looking ahead to the Ironman (only I'm only going for the 1/2 - I don't think my body could endure the training necessary for the full - I have a hard enough time avoiding injury as it is :smile:) Part of my training this summer will be working out how to intake nutrition during the bike and run to sustain me through the 6 hours of hell.

I create many of my own recipes in MFP, but don't share them, so if you want to know what was in a particular meal, just ask. Other than that, I'm an engineer which means I'm anal retentive when it comes to logging things.

My diary is open. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Mines open, but I'm increadably boring with food while training.