Everyone's Small Success Stories!

Options
EuroReady
EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
It makes sense that everyone who has huge success stories probably has a million little ones that happened each day to make it all work out.

For instance, my mom was making two types of cupcakes and brownies for work and left a ton hanging around for the family to enjoy but I didn't have any. And yesterday at the pizza place I ordered a healthy wrap and gave away every fry.

Please share your little daily successes!!

Replies

• MLAnniRoc
    Options
    This is a great little post! =)

Today.. I avoided the scale. I know that may not seem like a success story, but I have a bad habit of obsessing about that number (especially when it fluctuates on a daily basis). So, this was a small victory away from my self-induced scale addiction!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It makes sense that everyone who has huge success stories probably has a million little ones that happened each day to make it all work out.

For instance, my mom was making two types of cupcakes and brownies for work and left a ton hanging around for the family to enjoy but I didn't have any. And yesterday at the pizza place I ordered a healthy wrap and gave away every fry.

Please share your little daily successes!!

Just by simply being on MFP and logging in my meals, I've lost a few pounds. Actually seeing it in front of me, is making me aware of EVERYTHING I'm eating and making a substantial difference.

katie
  • jlr_12
    jlr_12 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I decided the other day that I was going to have an all out cheat day. I've been sick lately and I was finally feeling better, and I just wanted to eat whatever my little heart desired. After it was all said and done, I didn't even eat up to my maintenance calories (normally my goal is 1270 and I ate just under 1700). Pretty pumped that even when I give myself permission to stuff my face, I've been doing this long enough that I don't go overboard!
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    I like this thread!

Even though I hate exercise, I've worked out every single morning before work for the last two weeks. That's a helluva success story for me, and long may it continue!
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo! These all sound awesome!! Hearing everyone's little feel good moments makes it easier to take it all step by step!

But I have to say working out every day for two weeks is more than a small success!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Amy_nz
    Options
    Awww, thanks! I'm a big girl and have to lose about 35 kilos (75 pounds or something like that) so it's an encouraging start!
  • gonzalezmona
    gonzalezmona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Soooooo, I work at a school where we have a wonderful teacher who has an awesome husband who loves to bake. This man can bake & bake & bake. He makes the best kind of wonderful tortures on a daily basis. And there these tasty lil treats sit in the staff lounge waited to be devoured...mmmmm...cupcakes, breads, cookies, cakes...every single kind of torture you can imagine. At first I would take one lil treat because I so couldn't be rude. I mean this man goes through all of this effort on a daily basis...:tongue: BUT....today I stood right in front of those goodies & nibbled on my carrots & celery :tongue: HA!! I don't need you!! My little victory comes in being content with my veggies...YUMMERS!!
  • tashaeastland
    tashaeastland Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today my employees bought me and hambuger and homemade cookies but I ate my banana instead
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Today when I was shopping a perfect stranger came up and said to me "wow you look incredibly fit!" I was shocked but it made my day, I accepted the compliment and realised all my hard work is paying off, I'm not where I want to be yet but for someone to look at me and think that really made my morning...:o)
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    I have so much chocolate and sweets hanging around (since before Christmas) and I just cannot understand how MFP stops me from eating them! I do have a tiny bit every now and then, but normally, I would back and forth, back and forth and it would have been gone within a few days. It is actually quite bizarre to me how being on MFP gives me this incredible willpower that I have never had before. It's not even like I'm tempted, once I've completed my calories I'm done, and its not a question of resisting, it just doesn't cross my radar to want to eat them, even though they stare me in the face every time I open the pantry.

I love that I can have this stuff in the house and not gobble it up - feels like I'm in control - not the sweet stuff.
  • orodee
    orodee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I usually like to have some cookies with a cup of tea every single day but I made up my mind on Tuesday that I wasn't having any till friday (yesterday). Guess what? Friday came round and I didn't even remember that I had some in the cupboard. No cookies so far.. :)
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Great post and congratulations to everyone on their successes!! They will all add up in a big way!

I'm happy that I am no longer interested in the scale! Woohoo! That alone is very freeing. MFP has helped me clarify my goals. I want to be leaner and don't have a number I'm aiming for any longer.

I just checked and I've exercised 23 out of the last 30 days. That is huge for me! One of my problems was that I enjoy a lot of sedentary activities and had drifted away from physical activity.

I'm logging what I eat every day! That's actually my favorite victory. I know it influences my food decisions overall and I've always been most successful when tracking my intake.

I haven't eaten "fast food" in over 2 months!! But I have eaten some great homemade meals and my favorite pizza quite a few times and the inches are still coming off! I am not deprived.
  • smitten312
    Options
    You're my hero!
  • Amy_nz
    Options
    And I had a wee success just this morning - last year I had bought a top without trying it on (hate clothes shopping). Got home and it was too small.

Not any more! It looks great and I can't believe that in just two weeks of exercising and eating well I've changed shape! (And I'm not even looking at my numbers...I weighed myself on Friday and had put on weight so decided not to care about the weight.)
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I went to my friend's house and there was quite a large party, he has a hot tub and I decided to go in. My friend Kayla saw me go past in my swimsuit, and later commented "I never knew you were so curvy, you have such a nice shape".

I've only lost a little bit of weight, but I feel like I was walking with confidence in the first place, so I looked even better. I'm not even half way to my fitness goal, and I'm already receiving compliments! I can't wait to hear what else is to come!
  • mlybrn
    mlybrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    On a night out recently, I met people who I hadn't seen in about 18 months; they were saying I looked great :) I was a US size 12 when I last saw them (UK 16); now I'm a US 6 (UK 10). That meant a lot to me, it's very encouraging when people start to notice the weight loss.

Also, getting my BMI within the healthy range was a good feeling too. I know it's not a perfect measure but it's a good indicator of health. Hopefully it means I'm healthier on the inside as well as smaller on the outside!
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have tried dieting and watching calories for years and my husband was always like no way. He has been working out with me for the last 2 weeks, and today at the store when he was picking out his cereal, he was checking the calories in it first! This is a huge victory for me that my husband is on board now. He even laughed when he realized what he was doing, and said I rubbed off on him. :laugh:
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am very heavy and have been working on this since Dec. 1. Last Sunday at church a lady commented on my 'new glasses' (I don't have new glasses, which I told her. Then she said, well, it must be your new hairdo then! No new haircut either.. I think I'm just generally looking a little more healthy since I'm eating healthier and drinking so much water.
  • deanna200284
    deanna200284 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been getting a lot of "You look different... what's different?" from co-workers. It's most likely my face is slimmer, no more double chin and I stopped putting mascara on before going to work. I've been wearing bigger sweaters and jackets since I get cold at work, so they can't really see the overall weight loss, even though they are pretty much falling off of me. I always tell them " I dunno, I'm not wearing mascara.. maybe that's it" and they pretty much agree and move along.

I am looking forward to spring when out of nowhere I'm going to show up wearing my new smaller sized clothes without hiding under a sweater or jacket.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My small victories include:

dropping 6 jean sizes (so far)
    high blood pressure is finally in the normal range
    no more headaches
    don't have to take naps in the middle of the afternoon anymore because I have tons of energy
    the compliments I'm receiving from people telling me how great I look
    sleeping much better at night
    no more joint pain
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!