25, want to lose 100lbs., ED recovery, P90X, looking for fri

Options
Hi, I'm Nat, 25 years old. In my late teens I struggled with bulimia and calorie restriction. I'm at the beginning of a new weight loss journey and I'm hoping to make some friends on here, especially those who know what it's like to be in recovery while still trying to shed weight. I am currently at my highest weight ever (that I've seen on the scale) at 250lbs, and I want to lose 90-100 lbs. over the next year and a half.

My stats are:
Starting Weight: 250
Highest Weight: 260 (estimate)
Goal Weight: 160-150
Height: 5'8"

I've just started the P90X and I know that keeping it up for the next 3 months will be a true test of motivation. I blog and have an open food diary and would love some support on my journey, and offer the same to others :smile:

Replies

• kitkatamii
    kitkatamii Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Nikita and I am 22. I weigh 263 now but my highest was 265. I really want to be around 170 right now is my goal! I hope we can motivate each other to reach our goals!
  • kimberlyg313
    Options
    HI I am Kimberly I am also 25, my current weight is 238 my highest has been 258 I think. I hope to get around 150...but anything under 200 ill be happy with for now.
  • twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and my starting weight was 295, but currently I'm down to 228!
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'8 too! I'm currently 150 pounds trying to get to 125-130, I used to be 180. I also struggled/ still struggle with bulimia. I was hoping for this to be a purge free year but i have broken that so many times already. Just have to keep moving forward.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    friended all of you!

speedycakes: I wish you all the best in going purge free. I actually stopped because of all the health problems purging gave me, it was a scary place to be. I guess for me making the right meal choices is what keeps the urge to purge in check. If you ever need a chat don't hesitate to message me!
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Hello! (:
    I'm only 19.. & I'm 5'4/5'3..
    I know what recovery is like. Still trying to fully recover myself, lol.
    My highest was 247, so it's pretty close to where you are.
    Not sure what P90X is though, lol..
    Good luck to you!! (: ♥
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Hi lyssamichelle. P90X is a 90 day at-home fitness program, you rotate 12 workout dvds for the three months. Its hard work but really good. Good luck to you too!
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Im only eighteen, and 5'6.
    HW: ~280. CW: 233. GW: 150.

All feel free to add me :)
  • voginma
    voginma Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X twice now and just started P90X2. I did not have alot of weight to lose, but wanted to get rid of body fat. I can send you a message with a link so you can see my progress.

There are other programs that work just as well. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Marc
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey! :flowerforyou:
    feel free to add me
  • ThatNurseKt
    ThatNurseKt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • dilligafmr
    Options
    I'm on day 64 of P90X and I love it! I'm 33, M, 6'4", 205lbs. I really need the structure of a program like P90X to keep me motivated instead of just going to the gym with no real plan in mind. If you are struggling, just keep putting the dvds in everyday and give it your best, you will see results.

Plyometrics can really be a killer, but just hit the pause button for 30 seconds or so here and there and get through the workout. I bought a heart rate monitor and found that at some points my heart rate was over 180, especially after jump knee tuck and rock star hops.

When I started out I could only do 2 pullups and the other day I did 7. That's more than I've done in my life. So I'm definately seeing results. I found it really hard to stick to the diet plan, but MFP really helps me reach my daily goals without eating every meal verbatim from the plan.

Good luck!
  • chrissy198727
    chrissy198727 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 25. My starting weight was 312, currently 260. I am working it out just hoping to gain more encouragement from individuals my age.
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    Hi Nat. CONGRATS on this journey. I struggled with EDs since my early teens, relapsed three times...hospitals, feeding tubes the whole nasty shebang. I've been in recovery from my last battle for almost a year now....but you know how recovery goes with the weight gain. I'm trying to get fit and healthy! I love motivation & support <3
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    welcome to the journey! and congrats on taking the next step in your health...I'm 29, currently at 186...highest was just over 200...I'm currently in the process of training to apply as a sheriff deputy...wish you the best of luck:)
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jen. I'm 25 as well, my heighiest weight outside of being preg is when I started this at 243lbs, I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is also 160-150lbs. I've been up and down my whole life. I'm trying to keep off the weight for good. I am a mother of two and my husband has lost some serious weight since we started datting. He used to wear XL and now is in M and is 40lbs under my current weight. Its hard because he can eat whatever he wants and still stay small and he is nowhere near as active as I am. I have also started doing p90x lean, I'm one month down and just started my second month today...week 5. So far I've lost 9lbs and a total of 12.5 inches
  • arm031194
    Options
    Hi my name is Armando, I am currently at 285lbs, my highest has been 311, I'm 5' 10" and want to lose 100 lbs in 12.5 months, Im doing p90x for 3 months also started 3 weeks ago is tough but I'm dedicated, also following the men's abs Diet since is simpler then the p90x diet, hopefully will see results