Not eating canned veggies anymore!

Options
I was gonna be good last night and eat some spinach. It was canned but i always drain and rinse. Well I opened it and there was a big grass hopper!!:sick:

That just makes you wanna have a canned veggie!:grumble:

Replies

• JenniferMann24
    Options
    I was gonna be good last night and eat some spinach. It was canned but i always drain and rinse. Well I opened it and there was a big grass hopper!!:sick:

That just makes you wanna have a canned veggie!:grumble:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    OMG!! :laugh: :sick:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    O.M.G thats enough to make you queezy eh? I would be calling the manufacturer and letting them know that their protein count on the can was wayyyyy off:sick:

p.s.
    they make canned spinach?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    that's disgusting - you really should call the company that canned it! and the store you bought it at....
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    O.M.G thats enough to make you queezy eh? I would be calling the manufacturer and letting them know that their protein count on the can was wayyyyy off:sick:

p.s.
    they make canned spinach?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: @ protein count being too high!!!

That is just gross!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little :sick:
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    maybe it's a brand thing like jiffy peanut butter with the bonus peanut on top. :tongue:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    extra protien....some place it's a delicacy

have you reported it?
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    eeeeeewwwwwwww! :sick:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    have you reported it?

Yes, and TELL US WHAT BRAND IT WAS TOO!!
  • kattiek
    kattiek Posts: 83
    Options
    Ahhhh! I rarely buy canned veggies, but now even less so! I have a huge bug phobia :sick:
    I wanna know what brand so I can stay away from that!
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    that's disgusting - you really should call the company that canned it! and the store you bought it at....

the store you bought it at can't help but you should call the manufacturer I bet the give you a whole case free... I am sure its not there policy to throw a grasshopper in every can :laugh:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    Ahhhh! I rarely buy canned veggies, but now even less so! I have a huge bug phobia :sick:
    hay man bugs are good, but only if there fresh
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    :sick: EWWWWW! FREAKIN SICKENING! :sick:
    i would have freaked out sooooo bad! holy camolie! i just made a soup with 6 cans of veggies in it and i am sure i didnt see any bugs but EWWWWW! :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

please tell us what brand! :noway:
  • kattiek
    kattiek Posts: 83
    Options
    hay man bugs are good, but only if there fresh

ugggghhhh i'm gonna go vomit now....
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    So once while at Golden Corrals buffet, I was making a beautiful salad, starting with spinach leaves.... and in my tong full of spinach was a gigantic dead grasshopper. I almost puked. I just sat the plate down there on the salad bar and walked away....
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    So once while at Golden Corrals buffet, I was making a beautiful salad, starting with spinach leaves.... and in my tong full of spinach was a gigantic dead grasshopper. I almost puked. I just sat the plate down there on the salad bar and walked away....

those grasshoppers must be really fond of spinach:laugh: :sick:
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    recently found a rock while at the store in a big bag of broccoli
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    If any of you read any of those "Eat this, Not that" books... the supermarket one may gross you out.
    There is a % of misc stuff that is tolerated to get into food... like hair, rodent stuff, eggs, etc. :bigsmile:
    Gotta keep in mind, MAJOR manufacturing plants...they aren't gonna catch it all.
    :flowerforyou:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    If any of you read any of those "Eat this, Not that" books... the supermarket one may gross you out.
    There is a % of misc stuff that is tolerated to get into food... like hair, rodent stuff, eggs, etc. :bigsmile:
    Gotta keep in mind, MAJOR manufacturing plants...they aren't gonna catch it all.
    :flowerforyou:

Just in case I wasn't clear before.....EEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!! :sick: :laugh: