Turbo Fire users - opinions please

Options
I'm crossposting from another post for more responses.
I would like some advice about the Turbo Fire schedule. Before I started TF I was doing a Zumba/KettleWorx combo. My schedule was 1 Zumba, 1 KW, 1 Zumba, rest day, 1 Zumba, 1 KW, rest day. This means I would have 2 rest days per week. This seemed to work out well for me. With TF I only get one rest day a week. I usually miss one of the days because of a hectic schedule and ususally cut out the Stretch 40/Core 20 because that doesn't burn as many cals. Unfortunately I've noticed that I'm becoming softer in places where muscles used to be and I think I am actually gaining some inches (haven't gained any weight). There is no weight component with TF and I am missing that part as well. I am contemplating adding TF to what I was doing before to mix it up a bit, but that means abandoning the schedule the TF book has. If you've read this far, thank you, and hope you can offer some advice. Thanks!

Replies

• bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I think if you find something that works for you then do that. It really won't matter if you follow the exact routine TF puts forth. What IS important is that you "keep pushing play". Keep working out and you'll get results. You might be on to something and you may need to add some resistance back into your routine. You just have to try it and see what works best for your body.

Good Luck!
  • Teresa527
    Teresa527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    How about just jump to week 5 where they start doing resistance training?
    I am about to start week 14 of Turbo Fire and I can say that I have way more muscle than I did 13 weeks ago. I have lost a total of 25 inches (since my last measurement a few weeks ago) and almost 30 pounds.

I cannot imagine that TF would make you lose muscle. But, if you feel you need more muscle training then just skip forward a few weeks. The sculpt and tone videos are pretty good but you'll still have good cardio burns that week.
    Also, make sure you don't skip the stretching as it is what is going to keep you healthy and less prone to injury. And, the core video is good for muscle toning too.

If you still don't feel like you are getting enough weight training then try to do a hybrid with another program. ChaLean Extreme is a great one for muscle building.
  • kwhorrall
    kwhorrall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you want to add weights, try out some weighted gloves. You can order them on Amazon or find them in most sporting good stores.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Kickin' it for Sunday.
  • nailed479
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire, but however I don't follow the schedule!! I have a ton of workout videos and I love to mix this up, it keeps your body guess and working more!!!