Weighted Vest Exerciese

MaximalLife
MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
edited October 7 in Fitness and Exercise
I wanted to increase intensity, so I bought this weighted vest - 60lbs.

WOW!
What a great workout this is.

I chose 60lbs, because it represents how much weight I have lost.
It's hard to believe I lived with this much added baggage.

Do any of you folks use this?
What has been your experience with weighted vest exercises?

Replies

• Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    I have been thinking about picking one up. Which one did you get?
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    I've used it during water polo practice. definitely had a stronger tread when i took it off
  • trkinsky
    trkinsky Posts: 63 Member
    The only weighted vest I have ever carried is my golf bag! I am really interested in learning how you will use it because it sounds like a great motivator to remind the wearer of the amount of weight lost. Keep us posted.
  • MaximalLife
    I have been thinking about picking one up. Which one did you get?
    MiR 60Lbs Pro Adjustable Weighted Vest

So far - so good.
    I don't know how I got around so well when I was carrying this weight around my belly.
  • I use a ten pound weighted vest when working the heavy bag, it will kick your butt!! 60 pounds thats alot to work with doing cardio.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    I have weighted vest. My pounds is not that high. I've worn it while doing a Leslie workout and Tae Bo workouts.
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    I wish I had one so I could do weighted pistol squats a bit easier. Dumbbells get kind of hard to hold on to if it's 50+lb each side
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    I use a 85Lb MIR Weighted vest.... I normally use it every other day when am on the TM, I walk at 3.0 mph on a 15 Incline for 1hr.Over the past few weeks i have seen a great improvement whe i run at 9.0 mph..before i would get burnt around the 35-40 second mark, now i can run at 9.0 mph and start to get gased right at the 60 second mark but what i like most is that now running at that speed i feel light on my feet.
  • Thulpa
    Thulpa Posts: 55 Member
    A weighted vest can be great to give your workouts a boost. I used one because I cannot run, but I wanted to put up better numbers on a treadmill. So I would put one on and increase the incline until my heart rate went into the cardio zone.
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    A weighted vest can be great to give your workouts a boost. I used one because I cannot run, but I wanted to put up better numbers on a treadmill. So I would put one on and increase the incline until my heart rate went into the cardio zone.

you can put up better numbers without a weight vest, turn the incline up to 10 or better and turn the speed down.
  • MaximalLife
    I am glad to hear this; it's going to take my program up a notch.
This discussion has been closed.