cutting carbs

Options
Tying to find ways to cut carbs. I have been staying under my calories for the most part but carbs are a lot harder. Any idea out there?

Replies

• jleed53
    jleed53 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Tying to find ways to cut carbs. I have been staying under my calories for the most part but carbs are a lot harder. Any idea out there?

I've been thinking about cutting out carbs myself. Have you found any great low-carb meal ideas?

Thanks
    Jenn
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bump
  • johnaird123
    johnaird123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think its a good idea to substitute carbs (pasta, rice, bread, potato) with more protein. So have an extra half chicken breast and take off some carbs. Another thing I do is bulk out the carbs with loads of chopped vegetables and tinned chopped tomatoes which makes it look as though there is more.

I tend to make a point of not eating any bread during the week also. I love bread so it goes down a treat with my poached eggs on a Saturday.

I also refrain from starchy carbs for my lunch, again, by having more vegetables.

Roast carrots instead of roast potatoes (or any potatoes really) is a good idea, I find this really helpful.

In addition to that I stick to low GI carbs like brown rice/pasta, and whole grain bread.