Vitamin Supplements: What do are you taking?

Options
To those of you who take supplements, what do you take? (And please don't turn the thread into a supplements vs no supplements debate. That's not the question, so move on LOL)

I currently take Centrum, vitamin C, folic acid, B6, biotin, L-formula lysine, vitamin D, and fish oil. I have noticed with the biotin that I do have healthier nails & hair, and with the fish oil my skin definitely looks better vs when I don't take either of the supplements.

What do you take? And what benefits have you noticed?

Replies

• lilibean01
    lilibean01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Won't let me edit the topic name. I made a typo. Meant for it to say "What do you take" but then I changed it to "What are you taking" but then I forgot to delete the "do." Whoops!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I find supplements to be a very American 'thing' I don't take anything, maybe I should? (although I did try vitamin B for mozzies as I told it was a good natural repellent) x
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Fish oil, biotin, and hair, skin & nails!
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    chlorophyll is without a doubt the best investment ever......
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    multivit, fish oil, zinc, vit D, vit B complex and co-q-10 (not spelled right)
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    A multi-vitamin, Fish Oil, Green Tea Extract.
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I take calcium and a multi-vitamin. I don't drink milk so the calcium is handy.
  • woohoochk
    woohoochk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I take Omega 3 for joints 1000mg, multi vitamin for women, vitamin D (winter only) and a probotic, and 1000 of vitamin C - suggested by my doctor, I am impressed my shoulder pain is gone and I havent been sick at all this winter...and I feel great!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    OPTI-WOMAN - from bodybuilding.com
    Fish Oil

Only when I remember though, lol... trying to make it an every morning thing
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I cant take pills so all of my supplements are chewable.
    I take Gummyvites or Vitagummies, somtheing like that
    and Viatciv Calclum
    sometimes the B12 chewies
  • jefarrell
    Options
    I am looking for advice in this as well. I have the One a Day for Metabolism...and I have glucosomine for joints. I am wondering if I should be taking more (fish oil repulses me)..and what I should be taking??
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, Vitamin D, just started fish oil. Also potassium because if I don't, I have chronic deep cramps in my legs. I seem to be getting enough calcium from foods.
  • lilibean01
    Options
    I am looking for advice in this as well. I have the One a Day for Metabolism...and I have glucosomine for joints. I am wondering if I should be taking more (fish oil repulses me)..and what I should be taking??

If fish oil repulses you, try flax seed oil for Omega-3's. What other health benefits other than metabolism boosting are you looking for?
  • lilibean01
    Options
    OPTI-WOMAN - from bodybuilding.com
    Fish Oil

Only when I remember though, lol... trying to make it an every morning thing

I got myself one of those "old lady" weekly pill planners LOL. I sort out all my vitamins in it for the week and then keep it either in the kitchen or on my bathroom sink -- somewhere I will see it and remember "Duh, take your vitamins." :wink:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    B12, D and biotin
  • lilibean01
    Options
    chlorophyll is without a doubt the best investment ever......

What benefits do you get from chlorophyll??? I know people who use it as a supplement, but I'm unaware of its benefits.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    one a day women s supplement. thinking of adding biotin and vitamin e
  • kelli1023
    kelli1023 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Gnc - Women's Ultra Mega Active Vitapak