Sit Ups irritate my Tailbone..

2»

Replies

• castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    I usually put a thin, soft pillow under the base of my spine to protect against this.
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    ABMAT SITUPS
  • I'll offer Planks…do planks and (variations of) core strength is more important than superficial abbs. Take up yoga or pilates and lift In the end you will do what ever the heck you want to do, enjoy :smile
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    I'll offer Planks…do planks and (variations of) core strength is more important than superficial abbs. Take up yoga or pilates and lift In the end you will do what ever the heck you want to do, enjoy :smile

I second the planks and offer hanging leg raises :)
  • elsyoommen
    elsyoommen Posts: 155 Member
    I agree with planks and plank variations.

But if you also might want to try this - it is also very effective:

http://www.workoutbox.com/exercises/ab-exercises/crunch-stability-ball-reach-and-pass/
  • Here's another endorsement for giving up sit-ups and doing other core exercise. Most people are already too tight in the front of their bodies, and could benefit much more by doing back bends and back strengthening exercises. Some exercise routines will stress working on the lats, because they are big, impressive, and pretty easy to work. But very few routines will focus on working the muscles that support the lumbar and thoracic spine.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    So I try to do sit ups and I can but it always bothers my tailbone. They make it rub against the floor and I wind up with a raw patch of skin in a not so comfortable place. (think the way a blister feels after it 'pops' and the skin comes off..) Ya, ouch!

Any ideas on how to avoid that?

Don't do sit-up's?

There are many other ways to train your core, y'know.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    So I try to do sit ups and I can but it always bothers my tailbone. They make it rub against the floor and I wind up with a raw patch of skin in a not so comfortable place. (think the way a blister feels after it 'pops' and the skin comes off..) Ya, ouch!

Any ideas on how to avoid that?

Don't do sit-up's?

There are many other ways to train your core, y'know.

lulz- that was exactly what I was going to say.

outside the need to do them for PT tests- they are outdated and as a rule of thumb- generally a waste of time.
This discussion has been closed.