Need to loose 68 pounds, hopefully by end of June

Options
In order to avoid diabetes and weight induced heart issues, I need to loose 68 pounds. I have both issues in my family and am doing my best to avoid them.

Support always helps,

Replies

• bjmack61
    bjmack61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is a great site, I dont think of it as a diet, I think of it as eating right and exercise. Stick with this and you will see the weight come off. Good Luck
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I have both diabetes and heart disease and I am only 48. I wish that I had heeded my doctor's advice years ago. It is really great that you are taking steps to avoid these problems. Feel free to add me.
  • jasmineboop
    Options
    Thanks, I am 37 and so far all tests are in the normal range. I want to keep it that way. If I can I will be one of two females on my mother's family (there are a lot of females) who will have avoide diabetes by age 40.
  • jerimiahmurray1
    jerimiahmurray1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do and i truly believe that you will do it for your family. Diabetes will not conquer you; however, you will conquer it.:wink:
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    68 by June is an ambitious goal-10 lbs by end of Jan, then 10 lbs every month. That's a steady average of 2.3 lb every week. Doable, but will require absolute dedication to your goal. MFP can be a huge help to you. It makes it so easy to log every bite. Cut out any white food: sugar, flour, white potatoes, white rice etc. strength training to build muscle which burns more calories than fat. Walk or do some aerobic activity every single day.