Losing for My Wedding

Options
I'm new to the website, and my main reason for joining is to lose weight for my upcoming wedding. I need to lose all the weight I can before my first fitting, but I definitely want to do it the healthy way. Anyone else doing this?

Replies

• lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your wedding! (:
    I wish I could find a decent guy to marry around here lol.
    Good luck getting in shape for your big day! (:
  • twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm not getting in shape for my wedding, but two of my family members will be getting married this year and next and I'm going to be a bridesmaid in both. I do want to look great for my own wedding when it happens too though. Trying to lose another 50 pounds, but only have about 4 weeks until the first wedding!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on 9/2. Going to shop for dresses tomorrow!

I hate to say I'm "losing for the wedding" because really, I want to lose some weight for lots of other reasons. But if I'm really honest with myself, I want to look amazing in my wedding photos, so there it is.
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    I'm getting married September 1st so yes i'm trying!
    (but even if i wasn't getting married this year i would be here, its just extra motivation!)

going wedding dress shopping next weekend... eeekkkk!
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options

I hate to say I'm "losing for the wedding" because really, I want to lose some weight for lots of other reasons. But if I'm really honest with myself, I want to look amazing in my wedding photos, so there it is.

Same here! :)
    and i don't want to look back on the photos with regret at all thinking i should have worked harder! now is the time :)
  • JeaniesJourney
    JeaniesJourney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight for the big day and well because it's well overdue on my part. Congratulations and good luck!
  • MrsWashington2B
    Options
    Thanks for the congrats ladies! We are all trying to lose for one reason or another, but I know first and foremost it's so that my pics will be great! Shallow? Kinda.... Truthful? Always! LOL The only other extra perk I want is to keep the weight off! Good Luck in your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend and keep me posted on your progress. :-)
  • emtastic929
    emtastic929 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married May 5th of this year - my first alterations appt is on March 18th. It's fast approaching. I'm doing this for a lot of other reasons as well, but my short-term goal is to look my absolute best possible by my fitting and then my wedding day! :) Feel free to add me. I could use all the support I can get.
  • elledo
    elledo Posts: 80
    Options
    I'm getting married in September too! I had been losing weight long before we got engaged, so for me it's not just for the wedding either. It gives me heaps of motivation now though :)
  • tarakc20
    Options
    I'm getting married 6/1/2013 so I'm starting early, but I want to feel absolutely BEAUTIFUL on my wedding day... I don't want any insecurities bringing me down. Good luck, I'm sure you'll look great by the big day!
  • kfhoffman12
    Options
    Im getting married September 2nd too! Good luck with you weigh loss future brides! :)
  • MatthewsKimmy
    Options
    ME TOO! Wedding is May 31st! Need to lose that last 10 lbs! Good Luck
  • fearless81
    Options
    I'm also dieting for my wedding in August!
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options

yeah!!! i'm getting married September 2nd too :drinker:

i've lost the weight i've wanted but now i'm trying to tone up while maintaining. i don't want to put the weight on, but i don't want to lose anymore too...
  • TracyFowler
    Options
    Hi my name is Tracy Fowler, Congratulations on your Wedding, how Wonderful for you and such and exciting time <3 I just jumped back on the my fitness pal with using my new BodyByVi Nutritional Shake mix~Rocking it!! So many ways to success for everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    and congrats to all brides :flowerforyou:
  • nmj1988
    nmj1988 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement and soon to be wedding! im on the same boat as you. My big day is Sept.22/2012, and im down 20lbs, i bought my dress last weekend in a size 8. Meanwhile im a perfect 10 right now. I got 2 inches to go on my waist, and ill be all ready for my big day!! Good luck on you weight loss journey! And enjoy every moment while it lasts!
  • kfhoffman12
    Options
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    hi there! i have actually started a group, 2012 Bride to be Boot Camp. There are 25 members right now and we post weekly challenges as well as posts about our weddings, etc. if anyone is interested message me and i will gladly send you an invite to join us! it's been fun so far :smile:
  • nanny2mommie
    Options
    i am also tryin to lose for my wedding..