Is my diet healthy and well balanced?

Options
Hi everyone! Well I'm fairly new to the dieting scene, and this is what I've been eating (for the most part) everyday:

Morning
1 cup Tea w/ milk, sugar
2 slices whole wheat bread w/ 1.5 tsp butter OR cream cheese

Lunch
1/2 to 3/4 cup of brown rice w/ cooked greens and beans
OR
1 whole wheat tortilla w/ iceberg lettuce, a little red onion, ground pepper, and 1.5 tsp of mayo [usually this]

Dinner
3/4 cup Honey Nut Cheerios w/ 1/2 cup of 2% milk [usually this]
OR
1 cup homemade stir-fry noodles with little vegetables

Snacks
1/4 cup carrots w/ 1.5 tsp ranch
1 cup Tea w/ milk, sugar
1 medium size apple OR banana
**sometimes:
2 slices Orange Dark Chocolate OR 1/8 of a Hershey's Cookies and Cream bar, around 3-4 times a week

and LOTS of water: around 6-10 cups a day!

I've been building up cardio workouts and now do 30-40 minutes, 6x a week, pushing it up 10 minutes every week [next week will be 50 minutes!].

Is my diet okay? I don't like eating yogourt or nuts so I don't eat those!
I'm aiming to lose 20-25 pounds, and around 4 pant sizes by June. Right now I'm 143 lbs, 5'8'', but with a small body frame (does this mean I'm carrying a lot of fat?!), and a jean size ranging from 6-8. I know I'm in the healthy range, but I want to be on the lower side of the scale, with a more toned, healthier body.

Thank you :smile:

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Being the same height, size and weight as me it looks like your are under eating, is that like 1000 cals? I know under eating seems tempting for a fast solution but eventually u'll be so hungry you'll binge plus eating too little slows down yor metabolism.

Try and keep it to 45-50% carbs, yours looks high. Honestly it's going to be hard to lose weight already being at the lower end of BMI so go to the gym to focus on toning through exercise and the weight secondary.