Calories reset to lower number. Now i am finding myself irri

Options
The beginning of the year mfp had a adjusted my calories down to 1380. The problem is since I have tried to stick to the 1380 calories down from 1500. I find I am very moody and irritable and don't have energy I should. Should I up my calories back? Currently it is set for 2 lbs a week.

thank you for your advice

Replies

• brettgreer
    Options
    I'd change it to 1lb/week
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yeah bump it to one or 1.5 per week to get your energy back.
  • jaminjessie
    jaminjessie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think I would also bump it to hap too. I get the same way, if i don't do the moves gradual. I find myself quiting or lasping if I get too moody.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    yep. change it to 1lb per week. And do more cardio to earn some more cals to eat.
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein? Fish, boneless skinless chicken, eggs, etc? Protein= energy
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Currently I do 5 days a week cardio, burning 400-456 with aqua aerobics (using my hrm to calculate calories.) I try to eat my exercise calories.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein? Fish, boneless skinless chicken, eggs, etc? Protein= energy

This
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    yes I am eating protein: chicken, fish, chobani, protein bars, and the occasional protein shake.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    yes, you can go to losing 1 to 1.5 lbs a week, just cause your set for that amount doesn't mean you can't lose more if you like.....
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone about bumping your calories up a little meet that debt in the middle from 1500 to 1300
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    Mine dropped from 1400 to 1330 and that was enough to make me irritable, so I moved it back to 1400, and I'm still losing weight. I'm not bothered if I lose slightly slower, as long as I'm going in the right direction. With little kids to look after it is more important that I'm not an irritable grump all the time.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Girl, eat some food!

I'm 5'5.5" and 123lbs and working out 6-7x a week and eating close to 1900 a day and still losing.

You are probably not even eating your BMR (basal metabolic rate) which is the base amount of calories your body needs to function even if you were laying in bed all day and seeing from your profile that you are a SAHM to 2 little ones I know you are not getting to do that!