Do I need to re-evaluate my goal weight?!?!? How should one

Options
2»

Replies

• Paolinat
    Paolinat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Take one step at a time! It sounds like you are putting too much pressure on yourself. Make a goal of 160lbs (50 lb weight loss! Woo too!). When you reach 160lbs, access the situation and perhaps 140lbs. Access the situation and...

Right now I would take measurements of chest , above waist line (skinniest part) Waistline (belly button zone), hips each thigh and each arm just below shoulder.

You can find a blade that does Bod Pod or hydrostatic weighing and get an accurate measure of your percentage fat (I found caliper accuracy varies greatly with skin elasticity and operator error)

Not only will these measurements help you along the way, but they can help access your fitness when you start to reach your goal(s).

Good luck!
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Although our weight loss journeys seem different, (I started at 152 and am aiming for around 120,) I definitely know what it's like to wonder about goals. I'm still not even sure where I really want to be. I say don't worry about that for now; keep it in mind, and just keep working. Keep thinking on it, because you CAN do it. If you are truly happier at 160, then great! But don't give you the ideal weight for you because it's hard. You did it once, you can do it again. Especially if you were training for the army, you probably had a lot of muscle that contributed to the higher weight and more food. Don't shoot yourself in the foot. You can do it!
  • mebutskinnier
    Options
    140 is in one of my goals! [well 145] My ideal right now is about 120 & I'm at 152(:
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I don't know about everyone else, But I set a series of goals to seem the actual weight loss not as difficult. So you're 210. I would set 4/5 Goal weights(GW)

Set it up like this.
    GW1:200
    GW2:180
    GW3:160
    UGW(ultimate goal weight) 140.
    That way, it gives you a chance to be proud of yourself for the weight you have lost and still be encouraged to get down to that final weight.

This is what I did. I'm starting off with a goal of losing
    10 lbs. After that I want to lose another 10 lbs. I'd like
    to stay at 160'ish... (Started off at 182)
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    You could set your goal to be 160 and then reassess when you get there.

I started with a goal of 50lbs in my first year and then I figured year two I would work on the last 20. I didn't quite hit 50 the first year, but I came pretty darn close.

I still don't know what my end goal will be.